This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon-Human Relationships

#1Second_ChancesPosted 1/13/2013 9:39:27 PM
In the Japanese version of DPPt it straight up says humans and Pokemon used to get married all the time. In Colosseum there is a woman who straight up says that her life-long boyfriend is her Mightyena. In Pokemon Special, there's the "A Shocking Case of Poke-Love: 'That's the last time I'll ever take a bath with my Tentacool'" article in a newspaper during the RBG arc. In one episode of the Best Wishes anime, it's shown in a fantasy a man and a Gothitelle getting married. There's other evidence through the series of such things, as well.

Who's to believe romance between Trainers and Pokemon is not somewhat common or at least accepted in the Pokemon world? Most media definitely show Pokemon as having at least near human-like sapience, even if they can't speak human languages to express it that easily, so that general idea that they're just animals is out the window.

So, what if they did more with this sentiment somehow? Go more in-depth with how close some folk get with their Pokemon.
#2LexifoxPosted 1/13/2013 9:40:32 PM
I assume that it used to be somewhat common, but as time passed it became less and less accepted.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3MovesLikeJabbaPosted 1/13/2013 9:40:48 PM
I'm a Fennekin so... I find Pokemon attractive anyways >_>
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of the Eevee corps *wags tail* Official Shiny Fennekin of the Pokemon X & Y boards.
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 1/13/2013 9:40:54 PM
My relationship with my Nidoking is finally validated.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#5RippleLaserPosted 1/13/2013 9:43:29 PM
People will say Gamefreak promotes bestiality. It's ok with other games like Mass Effect but this will create a controversy here, thus Gamefreak toning down many suggestive stuff in English release.
---
Just according to keikaku*.
*Keikaku means plan.
#6Zoramon089Posted 1/13/2013 9:45:23 PM
Where is the proof of that line being in the japanese version?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#7RamirezGloomPosted 1/13/2013 9:45:58 PM
My Sharpedo seduced ME! i didn't wanna...
---
Ramirez, Lord of Falling Rain Packermans Black FC:4814 0562 0890 Killer of Threads and Pariah of the Boards :)
#8sabeta_samaPosted 1/13/2013 9:47:40 PM
In the English DPPt it's still hinted at that marriage was a thing. "They dined together" is the line they use here, suggesting that people and pokemon were family. In my own headcanon, this was mostly the case until the kid with the sword went on his murdering rampage, and since then Pokeballs became the only way to really communicate with Pokemon.

<3 Lilligant fo' life.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#9RippleLaserPosted 1/13/2013 9:47:57 PM
Zoramon089 posted...
Where is the proof of that line being in the japanese version?

I don't know about the marriage stuff, I do know that a trap nursery aid being replaced in English version.
---
Just according to keikaku*.
*Keikaku means plan.
#10CharizardFirePosted 1/13/2013 9:50:21 PM
In Colosseum there is a woman who straight up says that her life-long boyfriend is her Mightyena.

I'm reasonably sure that she was joking.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif