This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Light and Sound type Pokemon

#21GTRagnarokPosted 1/14/2013 12:33:52 AM
Fat type Pokemon. Takes 3/4 damage from everything but slow. .
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#22LexifoxPosted 1/14/2013 12:34:59 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
Can the people who seem so adamantly against this please explain why?

I think the addition of a couple new types could be a cool idea.
Were you all so against Dark and Steel as well?

Sound as a type is flimsy at best. It's not an element in the traditional sense, nor is there much that would support it.

Light is frowned upon because it's generally a misconception of the Dark type - rather than darkness and shadows, Dark is a type about being sneaky and dishonest. It is "trickery" and deceit. Fighting, at this point, is the counter to the Dark type - one fights dirty while the other does not, so much so that Fighting is considered a "heroic" typing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23Hello10000Posted 1/14/2013 12:46:55 AM
Lexifox posted...
Someguy_13 posted...

Sound as a type is flimsy at best. It's not an element in the traditional sense, nor is there much that would support it.

Light is frowned upon because it's generally a misconception of the Dark type - rather than darkness and shadows, Dark is a type about being sneaky and dishonest. It is "trickery" and deceit. Fighting, at this point, is the counter to the Dark type - one fights dirty while the other does not, so much so that Fighting is considered a "heroic" typing.

True. The evil shadowy evil type is covered by the Ghost type and it is countered by the Normal type.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 3267 4497 6644 Name: Ash
#24Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/14/2013 1:02:07 AM
Light is Fight.
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#25S_FoxPosted 1/14/2013 1:04:03 AM
Why do people want these stupid types?

---
Nothing to see here
#26The_Undying_84Posted 1/14/2013 1:04:29 AM
What the hell would Sound be effective against/weak to anyways?
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#27arvilinoPosted 1/14/2013 1:07:05 AM(edited)
Someguy_13 posted...

The difference here is that types shouldn't be added for the sake of adding new types. Dark and Steel actually had a gameplay reason to be implemented.
#28kakashik99992Posted 1/14/2013 1:06:35 AM
Yvitail is a wyvern as much as this guy TC

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-czuZgcjPpIM/UPHn-okQoJI/AAAAAAAAAJI/QGWttVFMm1o/s500/37578986136.jpg
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#29Someguy_13Posted 1/14/2013 1:08:55 AM
Lexifox posted...
Someguy_13 posted...

While I see your point for Light, Sound as a type doesn't seem that much of a stretch to me.

Certain Pokemon already seem to fit well into that type (Jigglypuff, Loudred, etc), and certain moves would make much more sense as a sound type than Normal (Supersonic and Sing for example).
They could also add new Pokemon and moves that make use of it. There's more supporting a Sound type than there was for Dark and Steel.

I don't think it matters that sound isn't an element.
Neither is Fighting.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#30Someguy_13Posted 1/14/2013 1:14:26 AM
arvilino posted...
Someguy_13 posted...

The difference here is that types shouldn't be added for the sake of adding new types. Dark and Steel actually had a gameplay reason to be implemented.

What's wrong with adding new types just for the sake of it? More variation is always good and it would mix up battles a bit.

And I can think of at least one gameplay reason to have more types:
It could make some of the weaker types better by being bad against them, while also being another option against some of the stronger types.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010