This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Light and Sound type Pokemon

#51Miggi3Fr3shPosted 1/14/2013 6:44:52 AM
Some people do ask for "Light" as a new typing because "Light" is a common RPG typing. And I'm not referring to opposing out "Dark" type but as in actual light.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 PSN: Miggi3Fr3sh86
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#52deadpool848Posted 1/14/2013 6:50:01 AM
I would raather they not be added, mostly because neither would make sence.
They would have to change types of pokemon, which they have never done, so Sound will not be added.

As for light, All 3 ways you can interpret it are taken. Sunlight can be explained with Fire, Artificial light is generated by electricity, so electric types got that covered, and a Holy type would not fit into the pokemon world at all since there is no religion interpreting it in any form. The god of pokemon is a space giraffe for pete's sake, i dont see any interpretation of heaven or angels or holy in anything that is in pokemon now, so light type in the holy manner would not fit.

If they do anything with typing (which i doupt they will) they should just buff some of the underused and crappy types like poison and ice.
#53Tequila_ShotPosted 1/14/2013 6:51:08 AM
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
Some people do ask for "Light" as a new typing because "Light" is a common RPG typing. And I'm not referring to opposing out "Dark" type but as in actual light.

There's just one problem with that. Light is energy, and energy is already represented. Fire, Electricity, and Ice. You think that those three being extremely common in jRPG's was a coincidence?
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#54guedesbrawlPosted 1/14/2013 7:04:50 AM
the Y legendary is based on the yatagarasu,the three legged bird.not a wyvern.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#55kumorixLovelessPosted 1/14/2013 7:16:57 AM
kwando1313 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Why do people want these stupid types?

---
Nothing is better then being a gamer.
PSN: Tofuman2021
#56creamyicecreamPosted 1/14/2013 7:23:11 AM
The opposition to that is good or Hero type. Fun Fact: what we call Fighting type, the Japanese call Heroic type.

The literal Japanese is "kakuto", or "hand-to-hand" ie. martial arts. Just a clarification/correction.
---
It is, as some admiral once said, a trap.
3DS: 0903 3938 1242 White 2: 4342 0471 5016
#57CylunPosted 1/14/2013 7:27:21 AM(edited)
Tequila_Shot posted...
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...

There's just one problem with that. Light is energy, and energy is already represented. Fire, Electricity, and Ice. You think that those three being extremely common in jRPG's was a coincidence?

...and?
Yes, light and Electricity are both forms on energy, but the latter is made up of electrons and the former is made of photons. Fire, on the other hand, is a result of chemical reactions that have nothing to do with photons at all. They all behave quite differently.

It's no surprise that light based attacks often appear as a distinct element in RPGs like final fantasy,which DO feature the fire/electric/ice trinity.
---
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing
#58deadpool_legendPosted 1/14/2013 12:03:14 PM
It seems to me like the Dark types are both the absence of light and evil. I mean look at Umbreon. It's name comes from the dark side of the moon, it's signature move is moonlight, it evolves only at night.

Here is the description for Darkrai's Dark Void attack:
"Opposing Pokémon are dragged into a world of total darkness that makes them sleep. "

Here is the description for Night Daze:
"The user lets loose a pitch-black shock wave at its target. It may also lower the target's accuracy. "

Not to mention, not just Umbreon, but most dark types are black. Darkrai is also part of the lunar duo. There would not be such an emphasis on the moon with many dark types if it was just supposed to be evil. And several other dark attacks have this black aura to them like Night Slash.

I understand that things like Faint Attack and Nasty Plot and stuff are evil, but it seems to me that things like Dark Void, Night Daze, and Night Slash are absence of light.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#59LexifoxPosted 1/14/2013 4:54:45 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
It seems to me like the Dark types are both the absence of light and evil. I mean look at Umbreon. It's name comes from the dark side of the moon, it's signature move is moonlight, it evolves only at night.

Here is the description for Darkrai's Dark Void attack:
"Opposing Pokémon are dragged into a world of total darkness that makes them sleep. "

Here is the description for Night Daze:
"The user lets loose a pitch-black shock wave at its target. It may also lower the target's accuracy. "

Not to mention, not just Umbreon, but most dark types are black. Darkrai is also part of the lunar duo. There would not be such an emphasis on the moon with many dark types if it was just supposed to be evil. And several other dark attacks have this black aura to them like Night Slash.

I understand that things like Faint Attack and Nasty Plot and stuff are evil, but it seems to me that things like Dark Void, Night Daze, and Night Slash are absence of light.

The moon has long been associated with criminal behavior, so much so that the word "lunatic" is derived from it. This is because criminals are prone to striking in the darkness.

Night Daze and Dark Void are the exceptions to the rule, but are signature moves for a Pokemon who practices sorcery to create illusions to fool others, while Darkrai is strongly associated with fear.

Night Slash is not a "darkness" attack. Its Japanese name (basically "Blade Testing") refers to the act of hiding in the darkness of the night, waiting for someone to pass. When someone passed by, typically a traveler or peasant with less rights, they would leap out and attack them with a sword. By doing so, they would "test" the effectiveness of their weapon. Hence "Blade Test" and "Night Slash" - testing your weapon by slashing others at night, and the description of slashing the target when opportunity presents itself.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod