This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you ever like a new Type?

#1CrapFactoryPosted 1/14/2013 12:04:37 AM
I think a new type would serve a lot of purpose. Not the least of all would be for fun and to help give a bit more balance to the type chart.

My own personal idea is an "Aura" type. Name tentative.
Basically westerners want a Light type. However, that's at least partically covered in the Fighting Type which is somewhat considered Light-ish in Japan. I won't go into the details there but it's just culture differences. Basically the Dark counterpart is Fighting and fighting is kind of... a pseudo non-western Light type :P.

So mine is somewhat different. Aura type is just a type that is derived from the energy used during a Pokemon's evolution. Though with Aura types they have access to that energy all the time to make use of.

The physical characteristics of Aura Pokemon vary a lot. They can look like your classic western "Light" inspired Pokemon. They could be rainbowed up. They generally are bright, light and colorful. But not all the time.

The type chart advantages and disadvantages would attempt to fix some balance issues in a logical manner.
First off Grass Pokemon have an unusually easy time absorbing this energy so they're immune to Aura attacks. Ice partially reflects it and Fire resists it with it's own heat making them take half damage.
Rock also resists it.

Then there's Steel. Steel's properties make it easier for Aura attacks to go through it making Auro super effective against Steel. Dragon Pokemon are so powerful Aura attacks will actually make their power explode a little making Aura super effective against the Powerful dragons too.

In terms of Aura's weaknesses. It's got one Weakness, poison.
Poison, a type with the suckiest offense will be the sole weakness to Aura because of it's corruptive nature leeching off the Aura Energy. Aura strangely has no resists making it not the best defensive type (as opposed to it's offense being useful against some of the best types).

Blablabla I'm not deluded enough to think Nintendo will read this or anyone will take it seriously. I'm just bored.

NOW FLAME ME! >:D
#2King-gamerPosted 1/14/2013 12:05:58 AM
tl;dr

But I already know what you're gonna say.

The answer is still no.
#3FroakiePosted 1/14/2013 12:06:37 AM
tl;dr

But yes I would. It'd change stuff up
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#4Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/14/2013 12:09:32 AM
good concept. but not op enough.
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#5CrapFactory(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:15:18 AM
I won't say my balance is perfect. Just tried to get the obvious ones. Grass sucks. Ice sucks defensively. Fire kind of does. So does Rock strangely.

Steel and Dragon are freakin' the best types right now.

Honestly, if I had ultimate power I'd go back through the older types and change things up somewhat. Probably give Rock more resists. Take away a few super effectives. The thing is horribly IMBA. I'm not saying you can do it perfectly but it can be made better.
#6wufei8706Posted 1/14/2013 12:20:07 AM
I won't say my balance is perfect. Just tried to get the obvious ones. Grass sucks. Ice sucks defensively. Fire kind of does. So does Rock strangely.

Honestly, if I had ultimate power I'd go back through the older types and change things up somewhat. Probably give Rock more resists. Take away a few super effectives. The thing is horribly IMBA. I'm not saying you can do it perfectly but it can be made better.

What about Poison?
Grass isn't that bad at all. Look at Celebi. It has a ton of weaknesses and is still Top OU.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#7CrapFactory(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:29:54 AM
wufei8706 posted...

What about Poison?
Grass isn't that bad at all. Look at Celebi. It has a ton of weaknesses and is still Top OU.

Poison is super effective against this fake wannabe Aura type. Defensively it's pretty good.

As for grass, yes there's always exceptions to the rules. Every type has a good Pokemon in it. But generally, besides Celebi and a very few others (like Ferrothorn and Venusaur with that thing that speeds him up in the sunlight), grass Pokemon aren't very good. I mean statistically they're one of the worst outside of the few exceptions.
#8Robot_SoopaPosted 1/14/2013 12:49:03 AM
Every new type I hear proposed sounds like bad fan fiction for some terrible anime.

I think we're fine with what we've got. We don't need to start making elements up.