This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here wants PWT to return but doesnt see it happening

#31Chaos_MissilePosted 1/16/2013 7:15:01 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Haku125 posted...
I actually have played it thankyou very much. And i hated every bit of it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_III)

Do your research next time, thanks

In no Battle Tower or Subway do you battle 21 trainers before the Brain/head - it's 20 in the Gen IV Tower and Subway, and 34 in the Gen III Tower. Next time don't post links to things that prove you wrong lol

*facedesk*

Does it matter if there's a mere ONE battle difference? His point, is likely the same as mine, in that we have to go through a crap ton of trainers JUST for a chance at the Frontier Brains...only to find out these Frontier Brains cant even battle you fairly since their teams tend to contain a F-load of legendaries. And should you lose even ONE match, you're kicked to the very beginning and your streak restarted; as if you've never challenged it at all.

In addition, the rewards are fairly subpar for how much time you've to spent in the facilities, earning a mere 1-2 BPs for surviving 7 annoyingly difficult fights in a row. Hell, you dont even earn BP if you beat the first 6 guys but lost on the 7th.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#32FroakiePosted 1/16/2013 9:44:27 AM
Nah it was cool the first few fights but now it's boring. I'd rather have the Frontier back.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#33MugilokoPosted 1/16/2013 9:51:26 AM
tl:dr; I don't care about you lazy people, go read it.

Best tl;dr ever.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#34Soanevalcke6Posted 1/16/2013 9:52:17 AM
Battle Frontier with PWT Replacing Battle Dome.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#35ClassyOldHatPosted 1/16/2013 11:20:21 AM
While I will miss rotation battles, I'm not too attached to the PWT on it's own. No, the big attraction to the PWT for me was a better effort-prize balance. Going through seven consecutive matches for 3 points was not so much difficult as it was tedious (yes, it increased a single point for each streak of seven, but that meant you had to make it through thirty five battles before you start getting a point per battle). It didn't help that the cheapest items were 16 points.

With the PWT, not only are you guaranteed a point per battle on the World Leaders or Championship matches, but they reward you based on how many Pokemon you kept alive, giving you motivation to play more carefully (as well as to try non-singles modes, seeing as more Pokemon you're allowed to bring in = more Pokemon that can be left alive).
#36stardusteheroPosted 1/16/2013 11:22:34 AM
Polimario posted...
Battle Frontier > PWT.

Emerald Battle Frontier > Gen 4 BF > PWT
---
Pokemon Black Version 2 Friend Code: 2624-0554-4747
#37KitschgardenerPosted 1/16/2013 11:40:04 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...

*facedesk*

Does it matter if there's a mere ONE battle difference? His point, is likely the same as mine, in that we have to go through a crap ton of trainers JUST for a chance at the Frontier Brains...only to find out these Frontier Brains cant even battle you fairly since their teams tend to contain a F-load of legendaries. And should you lose even ONE match, you're kicked to the very beginning and your streak restarted; as if you've never challenged it at all.

In addition, the rewards are fairly subpar for how much time you've to spent in the facilities, earning a mere 1-2 BPs for surviving 7 annoyingly difficult fights in a row. Hell, you dont even earn BP if you beat the first 6 guys but lost on the 7th.

You're kicked to the start in *anything* you lose at...whiting out or whatever.

Secondly, using legendaries (if that is even a valid group of Pokémon) is hardly unfair seeing as official tournaments allow the same ones as the BF does, as do plenty of competitive battles. Heck, the likes of Entei and Articuno are hardly much compared to the better non-legendaries. While we're on the subject of unfair, Fantina's Giratina from the downloadable PWT tournament has a Ghost Gem despite being in Origin Forme!

Thirdly, you're not describing the whole Frontier. The Pyramid, Pike and Dome, at least, don't even require six or seven battles to get through. Not to mention future facilities.
#38Chaos_MissilePosted 1/16/2013 9:39:35 PM
Kitschgardener posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

*facedesk*

You're kicked to the start in *anything* you lose at...whiting out or whatever.

Secondly, using legendaries (if that is even a valid group of Pokémon) is hardly unfair seeing as official tournaments allow the same ones as the BF does, as do plenty of competitive battles. Heck, the likes of Entei and Articuno are hardly much compared to the better non-legendaries. While we're on the subject of unfair, Fantina's Giratina from the downloadable PWT tournament has a Ghost Gem despite being in Origin Forme!

Thirdly, you're not describing the whole Frontier. The Pyramid, Pike and Dome, at least, don't even require six or seven battles to get through. Not to mention future facilities.

Regarding bolded, you still gain experience. Even if you white out, your Pokemon are still going stronger. Getting whited out is also a good benchmark on seeing how on par with the game your Pokemon are.

In BF, for example, I could bring a Garchomp that can STILL lose to a something like a Bibarel that managed to get off 6 Double Teams in the same time all 6 of my Dragon Claws missed or did not do notable significant damage before getting a one hit KO Surf to the face. And then this same Garchomp managed to tank Giratina, Dialga, Palkia and Arceus when attempting to capture them before sweeping Cynthia's entire team while being underleveled.

Regarding your second point, arent a large number of legendaries classfied as "Ubers" according to Smogon? The fact that the BF, Tower in particular, isnt regulated with tiers and those legendaries used by the Brains tend to have the same Uber movesets as denoted by Smogon and then some, makes it kinda unfair.

Pyramid, which is a personal fav mind you, has high random encounters that are inescapable in addition to the trainer battles that you may or may not find, in addition to a severe lack of healing capabilities and any items. Battle Pike is severely based on luck and I cant recall Dome as I've only tried it once.

I mentioned about the 7 battles to go through once, but it's 21-streak battles to reach the Frontier Brain. It's time-wasting to go through 3, 5 or 7 battles just to earn 1-2 BP, it's even more annoying the fact the only way to earn a decent amount is to beat the Frontier Brain...which you'll have to maintain a win streak against ever increasing in difficulty opponents.

The only reason Ash got to battle the Frontier Brains in the first place was because that's ALL he has to challenge, not maintain this win streaks that will take a long time to even try.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008