This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Transferring between generations

#1digiblasterPosted 1/14/2013 7:15:12 AM
With the start of Gen VI, I've decided I want to try and increase the depth of my collection. The problem is that I don't have many games (not any longer at least). I've got White/White 2, but asides from that I only have Ruby and Emerald. I sold my copies of Diamond and Platinum, and never got round to getting HG/SS (though I really wanted to).

What I'm concerned about is being able to move Pokemon from Ruby and Emerald to White/White 2, in order to get them to the next generation. Will I need an extra game to do so? What is the (ideally quickest) route to move Pokemon from Gen III to Gen V?
#2FuneralCakePosted 1/14/2013 7:16:43 AM
You will need another game to do so, yes. Any of the 4th gen games will work, but it's probably easiest with HGSS, since you don't have the 6 per day limit that DPPt had.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#3scrappybristolPosted 1/14/2013 7:17:05 AM
I'd go with Platinum, its easily the best out of the Sinnoh games.
---
Ring Ring
#4digiblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:18:32 AM
FuneralCake posted...
You will need another game to do so, yes. Any of the 4th gen games will work, but it's probably easiest with HGSS, since you don't have the 6 per day limit that DPPt had.

I suppose I'd get the additional Pokemon available from HG/SS too. I might try and pick up a copy of Fire Red too, since I can't find my old one.

I'll be pretty annoyed if it turns out that you can't transfer between Gen V and Gen VI, unlikely as that is.
#5OGShakenbakePosted 1/14/2013 7:19:05 AM
Will we be able to transfer from white to x/y? Or only white 2?
#6digiblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:19:16 AM
digiblaster posted...
FuneralCake posted...

I suppose I'd get the additional Pokemon available from HG/SS too. I might try and pick up a copy of Fire Red too, since I can't find my old one.

I'll be pretty annoyed if it turns out that you can't transfer between Gen V and Gen VI, unlikely as that is.

And I completely forgot that D/P/Pt had a load of new Pokemon too. Well then.