This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

According to Serebii the staters are pure elemental

#11KogaSteelfangPosted 1/14/2013 10:24:45 AM
XWolfO posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
XWolfO posted...
You do realize that the first forms have never been dual types, right? Bulbasaur was the only exception.

I'm not sure "never" is the proper term to use when the very first pokemon disproves what you're saying.
I know you addressed it as the exception, but still, an exception being made on the first starter ever, and first in the dex, kind of proves it has happened before, and could happen again.

Not saying it should/would, just the whole "Never happened before" argument has no merit to it.

It has never happened before they changed it to that for some reason. It's the exception. It works and it stands. It's not even an argument.

The fact that it has happened though, proves it's a possibility that can happen again.
I'm not saying these are dual typed, or that it's even likely, but none of us can say with any certainty that it will/won't happen.

Doing so is foolish. Remember how many people said there was no chance of of Gen VI happening now? Yeah... you don't want to be like them do you?
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#12FungusForBrainsPosted 1/14/2013 10:43:32 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
XWolfO posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
XWolfO posted...
You do realize that the first forms have never been dual types, right? Bulbasaur was the only exception.

I'm not sure "never" is the proper term to use when the very first pokemon disproves what you're saying.
I know you addressed it as the exception, but still, an exception being made on the first starter ever, and first in the dex, kind of proves it has happened before, and could happen again.

Not saying it should/would, just the whole "Never happened before" argument has no merit to it.

It has never happened before they changed it to that for some reason. It's the exception. It works and it stands. It's not even an argument.

The fact that it has happened though, proves it's a possibility that can happen again.
I'm not saying these are dual typed, or that it's even likely, but none of us can say with any certainty that it will/won't happen.

Doing so is foolish. Remember how many people said there was no chance of of Gen VI happening now? Yeah... you don't want to be like them do you?

Except that those people failed to account for the evidence pointing towards Gen. VI being announced this year. There's no evidence for or against in this case.
#13XWolfOPosted 1/14/2013 10:50:01 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
XWolfO posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
XWolfO posted...

Yes, you're right. I should have worded it differently. I know it can happen again. I'm sorry for being such an idiot right now.
---
It's-a me!
#14KogaSteelfangPosted 1/14/2013 10:55:08 AM
No you're not an idiot, and I wasn't even trying to disagree.
Just saying that no one can be certain either way what will, or won't ever happen.

Sorry if it seemed like I was being harsh, and I definitely didn't intend to make you feel idiotic at all.
---
#15supermoc10Posted 1/14/2013 10:59:09 AM
majora999 posted...
XWolfO posted...

People need to stop acting like this is such a big deal.

Secret Bases were awesome.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#16jayman7Posted 1/14/2013 11:02:39 AM
WitchBaby4200 posted...
Huh. I am no where near a Pokemon aficionado. Has that happened before? Where an evolution adds another element to said Pokemon in terms of starters? Or this may all be linked in some way to the whole chromosome thing. Maybe the baddies in this gen want to make the pure elements impure?

Charizard, Blaziken, Swampert, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, and Emboar are all starters who started with just one type and picked up a dualtype along the way. The only starter that had more than one type before evolving was Bulbasaur. If that's what you're asking, which is actually hard to discern.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#17XWolfOPosted 1/14/2013 11:06:23 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
Just saying that no one can be certain either way what will, or won't ever happen.

Sorry if it seemed like I was being harsh, and I definitely didn't intend to make you feel idiotic at all.

It's all right. You weren't too harsh or anything. It's mostly me. I feel idiotic even if I make the smallest mistakes sometimes. I know, it's stupid. Can't help myself.
---
It's-a me!
#18KogaSteelfangPosted 1/14/2013 11:08:36 AM
XWolfO posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...

It's all right. You weren't too harsh or anything. It's mostly me. I feel idiotic even if I make the smallest mistakes sometimes. I know, it's stupid. Can't help myself.

I do too, I make myself feel stupid all the time.
---
#19FrankulaPosted 1/14/2013 11:11:27 AM
People at Serebii don't know anything more than we do. Everything is just speculation. Serebii could very well be wrong.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#20Gold UrsaringPosted 1/14/2013 11:11:56 AM
Bulbasaur is also a special case given the prominence of Grass/Poison in Gen I.

Bulbasaur/Oddish/Bellsprout were Grass Poison. Exeggcute and Paras had an additional secondary type. Tangela was the only pure Grass Pokemon.