This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starters in real-life locations not covered in the games.

#1gladwyn101Posted 1/14/2013 11:15:01 AM
Now it's clear what the starter options would be for those who live in Japan and the New York Metropolitan area, but what starters would you see being available where you live if you aren't in any of those areas?

Example, being in the Midwest of the United States, it seems likely that either the 3rd, 5th, or 6th generation of starters would be available, but it remains unclear exactly which one it would be. Realistically however, it might be 5th generation, so I would start with a Snivy. Otherwise, 3rd gen would be Treecko and 6th would be Chespin.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2jayman7Posted 1/14/2013 11:16:32 AM
People in Arizona apparently get the second-gen starters. I refer, of course, to Orre.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3darkdragongirlPosted 1/14/2013 11:22:54 AM(edited)
5th or 6th gen would probably be distributed in California. Either Chespin or Froakie would be fine to me. Life or death situation....definitely Chespin. That crazy bidooshawott in a kookie hat is growing on me.

Edit: actually maybe switch 5th gen for third. Hoenn had plenty of water, and where I live is real close to the coast. Definitely a Mudkip, and we'd become lifeguards!
---
Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey
I've got a poring on my mind, and toast in my mouth, let's quest!
#4KogaSteelfangPosted 1/14/2013 11:21:05 AM
I suppose BW's starters.
I live in VA, out in the middle of no where, which means lots of forested areas.
There are TONS of snakes, so Snivy would be a very natural fit for the area.

There are also wild hogs that have begun migrating across the mountains to here, they're currently rare, but people have been ordered to be extremely careful if there are any signs they're nearby. So Tepig also would fit in.

Finally, there was a family of River otters living in the creek behind my house. I only ever managed to see one a few years ago, but my dad saw both parents, and 3 baby ones. So Oshawott also fits in.

Factoring in the Unova is based on NY, and NY isn't too terribly far away, I'm guessing they'd be practically the same.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#5gladwyn101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 11:34:43 AM
darkdragongirl posted...
5th or 6th gen would probably be distributed in California. Either Chespin or Froakie would be fine to me. Life or death situation....definitely Chespin. That crazy bidooshawott in a kookie hat is growing on me.

Edit: actually maybe switch 5th gen for third. Hoenn had plenty of water, and where I live is real close to the coast. Definitely a Mudkip, and we'd become lifeguards!

Wouldn't California be close enough to where Orre is based on to result in Johto starters though?
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#6SymphonicGloryPosted 1/14/2013 11:42:00 AM
As much as I love living in NYC, I'm not happy about having Gen V starters...

Thankfully there's enough diversity (barring a desert) in the metropolitan area for me to get some other Pokemon and ditch my starter lol.
#7CharizardFirePosted 1/14/2013 8:04:12 PM
darkdragongirl posted...

Wouldn't California be close enough to where Orre is based on to result in Johto starters though?

This.

Example, being in the Midwest of the United States, it seems likely that either the 3rd, 5th, or 6th generation of starters would be available, but it remains unclear exactly which one it would be.

1st generation starters might also be candidates, since Charizard is mentioned in B/W/B2/W2 despite not being found in Unova at all.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8solarisjediPosted 1/15/2013 11:02:34 AM
I believe my country has foxes and is hiding hedgehogs somewhere. Farms, although uncommon, aren't hard to find either.

So, Cyndaquil, Fennekin, Torchic and Tepig would be available right off the bat. Not much variety in terms of types...

Whats Chespin meant to be again? A squirrel?
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#9ZXpenguinlordPosted 1/15/2013 11:57:42 AM
I live in Florida, so... Totodile's a given. Probably the only starter that does.
---
Meep.
#10Immortal_Chaos7Posted 1/15/2013 12:00:56 PM
ZXpenguinlord posted...
I live in Florida, so... Totodile's a given. Probably the only starter that does.

I currently live in Florida too. I think the starters would be Totodile, Treeko, and Charmander.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032