This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon games show that Pokempon do die

#1TanyaGDPosted 1/14/2013 2:47:32 PM
You have the Celestial Tower in B/W and that one grave place in Lavender Town, but in the anime, Pokemon dying is rarely discussed or vaguely referred to. Huh. Both the games and the tv show is aimed for kids, yet only one explores the concept of Pokemon passing away. Why is that?

Pokemon can die of other causes, not just battling. They are similar to pets, except Pokemon are more than just pets, I think.
---
PSN= ss1006
Black 2 FC: 0777-2155-1737
#2darkphoenix181Posted 1/14/2013 2:48:26 PM
because the anime is extremely childish
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#3javel34Posted 1/14/2013 2:51:34 PM
How did they explain Alders backstory in the anime? Did they ignore it?
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#4nro87Posted 1/14/2013 2:52:52 PM
According to Bulbapedia, in Episode 11, Ash's PokÚdex says that Charmander dies if his tail flame ever goes out (I knew this was in the anime, just had to look for the episode number). Pretty clear reference to death there, especially that when Ash found that Charmander, it was under a leaf or rock or something trying to protect its tail from the rain. It was also very sick and could hardly move because of that.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#5Robot_SoopaPosted 1/14/2013 2:56:41 PM
The Manga deals with death.

Early on in the Red/Blue Manga Koga's Arbok gets cut in half by Blue's Charmeleon.

http://puu.sh/1NOwm
#6Shadow_CharzardPosted 1/14/2013 2:56:54 PM
MOVIE 4, 5 AND 8 SPOILER ALERT

Latios, Lucario and Celebi (though the latter was revived) all died in the movies, and it was quite clear that they were full-out deaths. I cried. I'm not ashamed.

Nevertheless, nobody wants to think about Pokemon dying, especially if it's shoved in our face through a morbid story arc. We know it happens, but it doesn't ever need to be an explicit part of the adventure.
#7TanyaGD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:03:59 PM
nro87 posted...
According to Bulbapedia, in Episode 11, Ash's PokÚdex says that Charmander dies if his tail flame ever goes out (I knew this was in the anime, just had to look for the episode number). Pretty clear reference to death there, especially that when Ash found that Charmander, it was under a leaf or rock or something trying to protect its tail from the rain. It was also very sick and could hardly move because of that.

That's true! I guess they toned it down as the TV show got more popular.
---
PSN= ss1006
Black 2 FC: 0777-2155-1737