This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's get to Z before Gamefreak does

#81The_OllynatorPosted 1/14/2013 6:25:32 PM
you guys are arguing on a topic saying to list all the pkmn in alphabetical order? really, what is the POINT of this topic!?!?!?!?!

Haha, apologies for hijacking the topic for some unrelated discussion. I agree that it doesn't belong here, but it was very spur of the moment. On topic...

Nidoking.

Onyx
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#82OniIchimaruPosted 1/14/2013 6:26:37 PM
Omastar.
#83l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 1/14/2013 6:29:14 PM
Raikou
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#84GalladetheGreatPosted 1/14/2013 6:29:44 PM
The_Ollynator posted...
Yes, judge me, but don't act on it. I've made my opinion on you based on your posts but I chose to treat you as a neutral person. Why can't you do the same? All I'm asking is for you to be a little open-minded.

Care to elaborate on my apparent lack of open-mindedness? To the contrary, I am waiting for you to prove my initial judgments wrong. Do you honestly think I have chosen to treat you or judge you in a negative manner? To be quite frank, I am very pleased with the responses you have given, they have already shifted my initial view of you and I look forward to future dialogue, here or elsewhere. That said, why are you so resistant to discussion on human behaviour as it relates to virtual vs. real spaces? It's fascinating and very applicable.

Because, in my opinion, the virtual world and the material world are on parallel planes. They are both very similar, yet they never meet. In the same way, behavior on the Internet may be a reflection on a person's behavior in real life, but the two must never be assumed to be identical.
---
glladgrat
Don't get mad, get gllad.
#85MeLikeyPiePosted 1/14/2013 6:34:10 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Raikou

Did we forget P?
Pansage
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#86IndianaJones65Posted 1/14/2013 6:34:56 PM
http://gifsoup.com/NDE4Nzg3

^this topic
---
GameFAQs Win/Loss Record: 16/30 ; FCs in profile.
#87ThunderCavalierPosted 1/14/2013 6:35:59 PM
Seaking?
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
#88180223Posted 1/14/2013 6:42:53 PM
Typhlosion
#89The_OllynatorPosted 1/14/2013 6:43:40 PM
The_Ollynator posted...
Yes, judge me, but don't act on it. I've made my opinion on you based on your posts but I chose to treat you as a neutral person. Why can't you do the same? All I'm asking is for you to be a little open-minded.

Care to elaborate on my apparent lack of open-mindedness? To the contrary, I am waiting for you to prove my initial judgments wrong. Do you honestly think I have chosen to treat you or judge you in a negative manner? To be quite frank, I am very pleased with the responses you have given, they have already shifted my initial view of you and I look forward to future dialogue, here or elsewhere. That said, why are you so resistant to discussion on human behaviour as it relates to virtual vs. real spaces? It's fascinating and very applicable.

Because, in my opinion, the virtual world and the material world are on parallel planes. They are both very similar, yet they never meet. In the same way, behavior on the Internet may be a reflection on a person's behavior in real life, but the two must never be assumed to be identical.

That a very cool analogue to draw. I thought I was operating under the assumption that the virtual and real 'you' are not the same though - as I allowed for the fact that what you were saying wasn't truly reflective of the person behind the monitor. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and was hoping from the start that calling you out might provoke a positive response. The result was different, but far more interesting I found. My initial assumption of most people is in fact that they are a perfectly decent human being who (in the case that their online role is less than positive) may just be having a bad day, or something said might have struck a nerve. That's not always the case, but it's generally where I start, and if the colloquial 'you' makes an attempt to change that for the better or worse, then that might reflect upon the real person's personality.

Though if I understand your comment correctly, you are suggesting the possibility that someone can in fact choose to take on the role of someone completely inverse to their real selves. That's not something I had considered, and I can't honestly say that I fully subscribe to that theory just yet. But it's an interesting concept that I will ponder.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#90GameNinjaGuyPosted 1/14/2013 6:47:50 PM
Uxie
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!