This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's get to Z before Gamefreak does

#91180223Posted 1/14/2013 6:49:37 PM
Vulpix
#92GalladetheGreatPosted 1/14/2013 6:49:44 PM
Maybe my previous statement was inaccurate. The two dimensions are more like lines, intersecting at a specific point, but remaining completely different at all other points. In fact, you can think of it like y=x and y=-x; in this instance, I could easily be the exact opposite of who I really am, yet my two personas intersect at a clearly defined point that connects the two.
---
glladgrat
Don't get mad, get gllad.
#93The_OllynatorPosted 1/14/2013 6:55:07 PM
Maybe my previous statement was inaccurate. The two dimensions are more like lines, intersecting at a specific point, but remaining completely different at all other points. In fact, you can think of it like y=x and y=-x; in this instance, I could easily be the exact opposite of who I really am, yet my two personas intersect at a clearly defined point that connects the two.

Fair enough. Though it brings us back to the question of 'why?'. That is to say, why not be just be yourself (y=x) all the time, materially and virtually? That question is directly not exclusively at you, but more generally toward anyone who subscribes to such a system.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#94xPhoenixWrightxPosted 1/14/2013 6:56:12 PM
180223 posted...
Vulpix

Wynaut
---
Objection!
http://tinyurl.com/c7eeoug
#95GalladetheGreatPosted 1/14/2013 6:57:05 PM
Take a look at the slopes of the two lines. They are either completely positive or completely negative. However, combining the two provides a slope of 0, balance.
---
glladgrat
#96180223Posted 1/14/2013 6:57:48 PM
xPhoenixWrightx posted...
180223 posted...
Vulpix

Wynaut

Xatu
#97PolimarioPosted 1/14/2013 6:59:34 PM
Yveltal.
---
Get on my bad side...and I'll freeze you solid!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem of all eternity.
#98DeeNinjaaPosted 1/14/2013 7:00:43 PM
Polimario posted...
Yveltal.

Zorua
#99The_OllynatorPosted 1/14/2013 7:09:33 PM(edited)
Take a look at the slopes of the two lines. They are either completely positive or completely negative. However, combining the two provides a slope of 0, balance.

Very philosophical. Though it can be argued that many more people in the virtual space choose to manifest the negative slope than do the positive slope - at least in terms of extremity. While the opposite can be said for the material space. From my perspective, this tends to lead to imbalance in both spaces in the form of excessive negativity in the virtual space (eg. trolling, flaming, etc.), and dishonest positivism in the material space (eg. emphasis on political correctness, people be afraid to speak their mind due to fear of not fitting-in, etc..). Is this not something you have also observed, or am I missing some things? Under that presumption, I chose to be a voice of positivism against your earlier criticism - so perhaps we're both ultimately fighting for balance.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#100GalladetheGreatPosted 1/14/2013 7:13:15 PM
Compare the graphs I compared earlier to a graph such as sinx. Yes, sin does indeed provide balance, but it is very complicated and inconsistent. Most people aren't willing to go that far to establish balance in both worlds, and instead choose to go for the simpler, one-sided behavior.
---
glladgrat