This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why must one desire to 'catch em all?"

#11Anticitizen97Posted 1/14/2013 5:32:53 PM
Missingno_Mastr. you're post has earned the Anticitizen Stamp of Approval. :D
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 4
#12MaetchPosted 1/14/2013 5:33:05 PM
Because it's about the only major goal I can do. The Battle facilities require too much effort just to get Pokemon capable of challenging it.
#13MeLikeyPiePosted 1/14/2013 5:35:36 PM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
*Begins slow clap*

*Continues Slow Clap*
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#14gamester_12345Posted 1/14/2013 6:25:25 PM
Unless the charm doesn't need event Legends, trying to Catch 'em all seems a bit unfeasible, i mean some Legendaries might be so obscure in methods that they're essentially region-exclusive.

Of all legends....

Celebi are self-producing (provided you're Japanese with the Colosseum Bonus Disc)
Jirachi, accessible by Americans with a Colosseum Bonus disc...though arguably is more accessible (and cheaper!) to Europeans with Pokemon Channel.
Mew, if you have Ranch with a near-full ranch and trade an egg away.
(to a lesser extent) Phione, due to Ranch and people breeding with Ranger Manaphy.

The rest are from events that may either be limited, old or simply outright region-exclusive, like the Genesect WiFi event skipped Meloetta outside of Korea/Japan whereas KO/JA simply had a Meloetta Movie event in real life.

Deoxys, Darkrai and Shamin was available from one of the Ranger Games as aftergame content, though they have long since been stopped being given out on WiFi...unknown if it's 1 legend each per Ranger cartridge like the original Manaphy Egg.

Arceus' original item, the Azure Flute was never distributed over WiFi or even in person, which meant that it was pretty limited until about...2012 with the level 100 (JP) or 10 (everywhere else) popularity contest that had it on Global Link. (iirc)

For US/English players, Victini could be accessed 2 or 3 times, the first being from the Liberty Ticket and the other being a mystery gift from WiFi, though the Movie Victini was distributed twice but had the same flag which meant you could only gain a maximum of 2 Victini, providing that one of them is the Liberty one.

But ya, the game has a long case of Catch 'em All...
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#15overmaxxPosted 1/14/2013 6:26:54 PM
I think Event Pokemon do not count for Dex completion, but I could be wrong.

There was a list floating around for Gen 4 Pokemon not needed for Dex completion back then.
#16PolimarioPosted 1/14/2013 6:27:41 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
You are never going to use all of those pokemon. :u They are going to float around in the computer till the end of time. Why not let them run free and enjoy life?

Then catch them to complete the Dex, then Release 'Em All!
---
Get on my bad side...and I'll freeze you solid!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem of all eternity.
#17kumorixLovelessPosted 1/14/2013 6:38:52 PM
MeLikeyPie posted...
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
*Begins slow clap*

*Continues Slow Clap*

*A bunch of people started clapping and whistle in cheer*
---
Nothing is better then being a gamer.
PSN: Tofuman2021
#18gamester_12345Posted 1/14/2013 6:42:44 PM
Unofficially, Celebi and the Crown Beasts are still accessible*, mostly because some guy got the distribution cartridge and unfortunately copied it in real life, people discovered that it had a hard date set and used it to determine when the event was going to start and end before it even got announced.

* Indirectly, it also extents to BW Zorua and Zoroark, though you could breed a Zoroark or simply send/trade one from BW2.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#19mralpha543Posted 1/14/2013 6:43:04 PM
One does not simply catch them all.
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Team Rocket's Rockin'! X-Deer name revealed: Xhika