This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark/Psychic/Fighting is such a stupid concept.

#81KingTumbleweedPosted 1/15/2013 9:33:28 AM
This topic wasn't even about starters, it was about a triangle. Triangle can refer to any three pokemon, not just starters.
---
I'm your imaginary friend, make me chips.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#82Emperor_mateusPosted 1/15/2013 10:18:53 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
This topic wasn't even about starters, it was about a triangle. Triangle can refer to any three pokemon, not just starters.

Oops my bad.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#83jayman7Posted 1/15/2013 4:27:09 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...

Oh, well in that case, TC is insulting GameFreak itself. What do I mean? Black and White 1. Opelucid City. Triple/Rotation Battle Trainers.

One uses Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour. Grass, Fire, and Water.

The other uses Elgyem, Mienfoo, and Pawniard. Psychic, Fighting, and Dark(/Steel).

What was that, TC? You think GameFreak is terrible and probably smells bad?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#84Andrew21044Posted 1/15/2013 5:16:52 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
It's like Light type. Someone will always bring it up.

It hasn't been brought up on this board yet.

You just brought it up my good chum.
---
This is endorsed and loved by Tony Stewart.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#85ArctimonPosted 1/15/2013 7:53:53 PM
Rumors were posted here about the possibility of the Light and Sound type.

It's been brought up.
---
~~Official Dewgong of the Pokemon B/W Forum~~
Xiaolin Chronicles set to premiere Spring 2013!
#86kakashik99992Posted 1/15/2013 7:57:47 PM
jayman7 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

Oh, well in that case, TC is insulting GameFreak itself. What do I mean? Black and White 1. Opelucid City. Triple/Rotation Battle Trainers.

The other uses Elgyem, Mienfoo, and Pawniard. Psychic, Fighting, and Dark(/Steel).

you do know that steel resis psychic and get double from fighting right smart boy?
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#87DinozorePosted 1/15/2013 11:22:41 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
It really doesn't matter that Dark is immune and not resistant to Psychic, if you pick the Fire starter, are you really going to use it and use it's Fire moves against your rival's starter? No, you won't, and that's the only situation where this supposed imbalance would ever really come up.

Exactly. Early on all starters are basically equal, by the time they start learning STAB moves you've got access to other Pokemon and TMs. If you take a Psychic-type knowing only Psychic attacks into a battle against a Dark-type, you're a moron and deserve the whiteout.
---
I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you... ~DuneMan
#88jayman7Posted 1/15/2013 11:44:23 PM(edited)
kakashik99992 posted...
jayman7 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

you do know that steel resis psychic and get double from fighting right smart boy?

Steel does resist Psychic, yes, but this is irrelevant on Pawniard unless you use Miracle Eye. And yes, Steel is weak to Fighting! Which makes Pawniard just as weak to Fighting as Swampert is to Grass!

So...yeah. Triangle. Pawniard beats Elgyem beats Mienfoo beats Pawniard. Yay!

Dinozore posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
It really doesn't matter that Dark is immune and not resistant to Psychic, if you pick the Fire starter, are you really going to use it and use it's Fire moves against your rival's starter? No, you won't, and that's the only situation where this supposed imbalance would ever really come up.

Exactly. Early on all starters are basically equal, by the time they start learning STAB moves you've got access to other Pokemon and TMs. If you take a Psychic-type knowing only Psychic attacks into a battle against a Dark-type, you're a moron and deserve the whiteout.

Doubly true if you're talking about dualtypes, as most of us trying to add these to the starters are. As I've said before (not in this topic), do you guys whine that Flash Fire is a cheap ability that needs to be removed from the series just because it stops the rampage of a player who picked the Fire-type starter and loads him up with nothing but Fire-type moves? Did you whine when your Pokemon Yellow Pikachu couldn't aim for Rhyhorn's horn and lost to a weakling Onix?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere