This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When will SMOGOON ever unban Darkrai, MANAPHY, Blaziken and Excadrill?

#21Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/15/2013 3:05:32 PM
Lexifox posted...
summerclaw posted...
Excadrill is banned? WTF.

Attack + Speed + STAB EQ + Sand Rush.

Infernape's Mach Punch

No good player uses Infernape. It sucks in this metagame.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#22Groudon_UzamakiPosted 1/15/2013 3:06:25 PM
Unban Darkrai and you have to ban Dark Void, it's that simple.

Manaphy is fine itself, but it got pushed into permauber because of Drizzletoed

Blaziken won't be unbanned because without SB it's just an inferior Infernape which will attribute nothing to the metagame.

Excradrill should stay in ubers.
---
Remember kids, cancer doesn't kill people, people with cancer kills people.
#23Shadow_CharzardPosted 1/15/2013 3:08:14 PM
Does Smogon not have forums that you could use for this question, rather than posting it here?

Darkrai and (Blaze ability) Blaziken definitely should not be in ubers. I never, ever have any trouble dispatching Darkrai. Switch into sleep fodder, switch out, then tear it apart. They really aren't that troublesome--provided you play with the sleep clause, though why wouldn't you? And Blaziken... Why, oh why, is Blaziken with Blaze ability banned to ubers? It doesn't stand a chance in that tier. It really is ridiculous that its tier isn't dependent on what ability it has. Unreleased Dream World abilities have been banned before (Defiant Braviary, Prankster Sableye). If there is a legitimate reason, I'd love to know.

From personal experience, I can say that Excadrill deserves the banishment. It WILL destroy ANYTHING in the sand. And I'm well aware of Manaphy's potential in the rain. It's quite frightening. And who was the person who thought Tail Glow was balanced? *.*
#24Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/15/2013 3:12:43 PM(edited)
It really is ridiculous that its tier isn't dependent on what ability it has.

This would start a slippery slope.

Blaziken can be used in OU as long as it has Blaze?

OK, then how about Overgrow Venusaur in UU? Or Water Absorb/Damp Politoed in NU?

It would just complicate things far too much. They can't make an exception for Blaziken. If they do it for him, they have to do the same for every other Pokemon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#25BountyanPosted 1/15/2013 3:16:15 PM(edited)
They don't ban specific abilities on specific Pokemon because they won't want to start making a precedent for complicated bans. If you unban Blaze Blaziken, then people will start asking stuff like "can I use Excadrill if it doesn't have Sand Rush?" or "can I use Breloom in UU if it doesn't have Spore?" and so on. They either ban entire abilities or entire Pokemon, if they start doing specific bans like "if it doesn't have x you can put it in y tier" it starts becoming too complicated.

EDIT: Welp, got ninja'd
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#26LexifoxPosted 1/15/2013 4:04:54 PM
Melkac posted...
Lexifox posted...
summerclaw posted...

Infernape's Mach Punch

A Pokemon is banned if it "overcentralizes" the metagame. This means that if a Pokemon is sufficiently dangerous that every team uses it and/or must have a counter for it to avoid being swept, it is voted for ubers. If every team has to use a specific counter for Excadrill, in this case Infernape, then it warrants ubers because then every team must have Infernape or else face defeat at Excadrill's iron claws.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#27Jarred623Posted 1/16/2013 11:36:20 PM
Lexifox posted...
Melkac posted...
Lexifox posted...
summerclaw posted...

Infernape's Mach Punch

A Pokemon is banned if it "overcentralizes" the metagame. This means that if a Pokemon is sufficiently dangerous that every team uses it and/or must have a counter for it to avoid being swept, it is voted for ubers. If every team has to use a specific counter for Excadrill, in this case Infernape, then it warrants ubers because then every team must have Infernape or else face defeat at Excadrill's iron claws.

Shuckle > Excadrill
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.