This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can somebody tell me what is the point of this move called Flatter?

#1LuminousSparkPosted 1/14/2013 10:03:34 PM
Topic

I'm not sure what is the point of this move. What this move does is it confuses your opponent's pokemon and it also sharply brings up your opponent's pokemon special attack . I just don't see the point why it brings your opponent's special attack up because even though there is a chance it will hurt itself, it doesn't do that much damage to itself. And if it manage to use a special attack during the confusion, you are in bad position because you raise its special attack up and they will bring the pain.

I mean that this move is nothing like Swagger because it confuses your opponent's pokemon and raise their attack power up and when it hurts itself, it really hurts itself.

Can somebody tell me what is the point of this of Flatter?
#2sonofcasbahPosted 1/14/2013 10:05:01 PM
Perhaps to Flatter your other pokemon in a Double battle?
---
PSN: SonOfCasbah
W2 FC: 0218-8783-2025
#3summerclawPosted 1/14/2013 10:05:08 PM
Well when someone you are fighting gives you a compliment. You are like What the ****? But then your confidence goes up.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#4RemixV4Posted 1/14/2013 10:05:36 PM
Especially useful against pokemon that have terrible special stats, or no special moves. The confusion would not only damage, but make them lose a turn.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#5Faust_8Posted 1/14/2013 10:05:44 PM
I admit, I've wondered this too. Swagger is a risk-reward thing, Flatter seems to have no point unless it's the only confusion-inducing move you have.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#6Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/14/2013 10:05:51 PM
Its counterpart, Swagger, is a high risk, high reward move that takes advantage of the confusion by boosting the target's Attack. As confusion damage is not calculated using the Special Attack stat, Flatter is effectively useless.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#7sythieriusPosted 1/14/2013 10:06:00 PM
For the pokemon contests in game?
#8summerclawPosted 1/14/2013 10:06:45 PM
What if you Flatter Starmie and it uses Psycho shock?
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#9SinExDeathPosted 1/14/2013 10:07:09 PM
They probably just wanted a special version of Swagger. As for the logic behind the decision, your guess is good as mine.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#10NanaboboPosted 1/14/2013 10:07:09 PM
Fancy combo move. Use a move that copies foes' status effects, you get extra special attack.
Use it on your own Pokemon with Own Tempo in double/triple battles to have another Pokemon buff your special tank without having to waste a turn.
To mind-game your opponents into attempting to switch out a Special Attacker.

In other words, a niche move not many people would use.
---
White FC: 1034 0534 2444