This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can somebody tell me what is the point of this move called Flatter?

#11Gamer0561Posted 1/14/2013 10:07:34 PM
100% accuracy confusion on a pokemon. Swagger can miss, and can backfire if used on a pokemon who is physical based.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
#12PolimarioPosted 1/14/2013 10:08:09 PM
I think they just wanted a special varient.

Also, Double/Triple Battle strategies. Own Tempo Slowbro/King, for example, benefit from Flatter's boost more than Swagger's, for example.
---
Get on my bad side...and I'll freeze you solid!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem of all eternity.
#13LuminousSpark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:08:15 PM
So it is only useful for doubles battle?
#14overmaxxPosted 1/14/2013 10:09:11 PM
They should make it raise Special Attack by two stages, at least, so then it would be extremely useful in Double battles.

Lum Berry + 2-stage Flatter = yay.

As it is, pretty pointless.
#15BlueSophiaPosted 1/14/2013 11:02:34 PM
Are you bros high? You can predict whether to use this move or not at your own discretion. 100% confusion almost always means switching out. In this case, the benefit it has over swagger is that it removes the randomness by using a different skillset. Physical pokemon are remarkably common and having a way to confuse them is very beneficial especially since they can't use the attack boost.

As an afternote, you can even launch it and then just copy it with psych up.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#16Meta289Posted 1/14/2013 11:10:46 PM
It's the Anti-Contrary Serperior move.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#17rrk1991Posted 1/14/2013 11:13:50 PM
still makes more sense than the move synchronize
#18Czar_YoshiPosted 1/14/2013 11:19:19 PM
BlueSophia posted...
Are you bros high? You can predict whether to use this move or not at your own discretion. 100% confusion almost always means switching out. In this case, the benefit it has over swagger is that it removes the randomness by using a different skillset. Physical pokemon are remarkably common and having a way to confuse them is very beneficial especially since they can't use the attack boost.

As an afternote, you can even launch it and then just copy it with psych up.

And if you have punishment (does anyone but Smeargle get flatter and punishment?) it's a double incentive to switch out.