This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#11Moogle_trainerPosted 1/14/2013 10:13:36 PM
Digimon seasons
1: Awesome
2: pretty good first half
3: Awesome again
4: WTF? Actually enjoyed the first half kind of
5: pretty good
stopped watching when it went all Mighty Morphing digi rangers
#12kamikazetomatoPosted 1/14/2013 10:13:37 PM
Stakes.

Oh, you want more? Fine. Finite seasons with story progression and conclusions. Monster partners that were characters and could hold conversations with their "trainers" beyond saying their names over and over. Larger casts with less reliance on characters-of-the-day. Villains meant to be taken seriously.

Also better puns.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#13summerclawPosted 1/14/2013 10:13:37 PM
Savers and Tamers are my favorite.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#14360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:13:40 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
So am I the only one who doesn't hate Adventure 02?

I mean, it had BlackWarGreymon.

TY X SORAAAAAAA

Also there really wasn't much development with the Characters to the point half of them could have been cut not a single thing would be lost.

I dislike frontier because while it had development. Those kids were messed up. Like their problems were really bad issues to the point I felt I could relate to them at all. Sure they were real, but they were also the darkest when it came to family problems
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#15moup94Posted 1/14/2013 10:14:54 PM
TC's argument is invalid since he hates Frontier
#16360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:15:23 PM
summerclaw posted...
Savers and Tamers are my favorite.

I tried to watch savers, but the dub actually really ruined it for me. Which is odd since I don't mind watching dubs usually, but Savers dub was just painful, plus they edited a lot of things.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#17rrk1991Posted 1/14/2013 10:17:17 PM
You're going to start a war TC lol.

I guess it's better because its the classic good vs evil story. Pokemon is the same "beat gym leaders to become the best" story recycled over and over.

It's not even the 'beat the gym leaders' storyline as you put it which makes the show so bad. It is the fact that the main protagonist is awful. It would be a million times more enjoyable if he actually cared about catching and raising pokemon. Instead of having only 10 pokemon which he keeps at pre-evolutions for stupid sentimental reasons, he actually caught and raised a variety of pokemon to their final and most powerful forms. Instead, we have an incompetent trainer who nobody can relate to. Even a 5 year old playing the games would try and get their pokemon to evolve because it makes them better.
#18MileRunPosted 1/14/2013 10:17:25 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
So am I the only one who doesn't hate Adventure 02?

I mean, it had BlackWarGreymon.

I liked it, though that may just be the nostalgia talking. My ranking goes something like:

-Tamers
-Adventure 01
-Adventure 02
-Savers
-Xros Wars
-Frontier
-Xros Wars Hunters
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#19Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/14/2013 10:18:01 PM
I recently started watching the Savers (or Data Squad, as it's called in English) Dub, and I think it's fine, VA-wise.

Don't really care about edits.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#20RoanarkPosted 1/14/2013 10:18:33 PM
Character development...
Pokemon has character... Regression? Ash always goes back to being an ignorant little kid at the start of each new season.
B/W anime was the worst contender of this, making Ash seem like he's NEVER done anything before.

Of course I stopped regularly watching the anime some time during the 3rd gen... Just got too boring and repetitive.