This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#101darkphoenix181Posted 1/16/2013 3:01:20 PM(edited)
Pokemon theoretically do not get hurt in the show whereas in digimon can die and do die.
Pokemon do get hurt, but simply go to nurse joy and everything is ok.
This means, there is no real struggle in pokemon. Ash is basically a brat living in utopia. His only real worry is Team Rocket stealing Pikachu except he doesn't even have to worry about that because they are so imcompetant.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#102MileRunPosted 1/17/2013 12:42:28 PM(edited)
SR2fan posted...
RemixV4 posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
So am I the only one who doesn't hate Adventure 02?

I mean, it had BlackWarGreymon.

I liked it, if only for Veemons cool forms.

Aside Digimon 01, 02 is the best season! Armor evolutions, BlackWarGreymon, return of Myotismon, and of course the epilogue! One of the few animes that give a "proper" epilogue, by "proper" I mean it's several years later, a new generation can be seen, shipping/coupling is confirmed by or at this point...i just don't count a series over, any anime/cartoon series, until there is some form of an epilogue!

I liked the Armor evolutions a lot too, but they were just horribly underutilized after Ken went down.

Rather than Jogress/DNA fusions, I sort of wish they did other stuff with Armors, like armoring their Champion-level guys, or combining Digimentals to create a stronger Armor Digimon (ala Double Spirit Evolution in Frontier). That last one wouldn't have worked for Ken, TK, or Hikari, of course, but those three all had crests at one point, so they could've contrived a way to get their Digimon to their natural Perfect forms anyways.

As for the epilogue... I'm pretty sure you're the first person I've seen to actually like it. Everybody else seems to have at least one major beef with it (usually shipping-related).
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#103GallantChaddymnPosted 1/17/2013 4:29:55 PM
Because ->
A- existant plot
B- Caracters with personality
C-Character developemnt
D-They switch the protagonists every season to keep the show fresh. Who ISN'T tired of Ash?
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#104FredCat07Posted 1/17/2013 4:49:05 PM
Roanark posted...
Character development...
Pokemon has character... Regression? Ash always goes back to being an ignorant little kid at the start of each new season.
B/W anime was the worst contender of this, making Ash seem like he's NEVER done anything before.

Of course I stopped regularly watching the anime some time during the 3rd gen... Just got too boring and repetitive.

Of course, it's because he got his look changed, all his old memory disappeared.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#105ColonelHawkPosted 1/17/2013 4:56:44 PM
GallantChaddymn posted...
Because ->
A- existant plot
B- Characters with personality
C-Character development
D-They switch the protagonists every season to keep the show fresh. Who ISN'T tired of Ash?

This
#106RoyalShinePosted 1/17/2013 11:50:43 PM
Digimon was always about the show, Pokemon was more about the games.
#107Skull_proPosted 1/18/2013 12:02:21 AM

I would like 02 if it didn't have so many damed plot holes. Also, unlike 01, tamers and data squad, which had more that one villain seemed to drag too much. I mean *SPOILER* ken ended up being manipulated by arekinimon which in turn served a villain defeated 3 years earlier. But we only see the nain antagonis of thst series for 3/52 episodes.
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#108TenzhiPosted 1/18/2013 12:14:14 AM
I don't regularly watch Pokemon, but I *can* usually watch it with hating it (unless it has Tracy in it). I've hated every episode of Digimon that it's been my misfortune to see. I hated the kids in the shows, and I didn't care for most of the monster designs I saw. It's been awhile, but I think the Digimon episodes I hated the most were the ones where the evil kids had flowers growing out of their heads or something.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#109GallantChaddymnPosted 1/19/2013 8:14:41 AM
^
Go watch Tamers... xP
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#110Bronze_StuffPosted 1/19/2013 8:21:57 AM
Skull_pro posted...

I would like 02 if it didn't have so many damed plot holes. Also, unlike 01, tamers and data squad, which had more that one villain seemed to drag too much. I mean *SPOILER* ken ended up being manipulated by arekinimon which in turn served a villain defeated 3 years earlier. But we only see the nain antagonis of thst series for 3/52 episodes.

That wasn't the problem, the problem is that there were 4 different villains and each of them had wildly different goals. The only ones that made any real sense was Ken -> Arukenimon
---
Jimbo.