This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#21warnerbromanPosted 1/14/2013 9:19:16 PM
Pokemon doesn't have fanservice like digimon.
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#22360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:19:37 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
I recently started watching the Savers (or Data Squad, as it's called in English) Dub, and I think it's fine, VA-wise.

Don't really care about edits.

The VA 's are fine. But when they edited that slap, it just irritated me. Considering we are watching a show where giant monsters slam each other into buildings, I'm sure a girl slapping a guy won't ruin kids minds.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#23UmuruPosted 1/14/2013 9:25:03 PM(edited)
warnerbroman posted...

Oh late Savers Rosemon. You were quite... something else. >_>

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the whole beginning, middle and an actual end thing that each season has in Digimon as opposed to Pokemon. Sure, there are definitely similar milestones in every season (evil human becomes good, "main" character's partner goes over the top compared to the rest of the characters, mid-point villain shifts to an even stronger villain, etc.) but we get to see different characters each time and those milestones tend to differ in their own ways.

As for Ash, he's constantly in a state of beginning a new place, getting to the middle and almost accomplishing his goal... then failing so he can go back to the beginning and reach the middle before failing again just so the new kids will always see the same hero as the older ones did. He's won a couple of leagues (the filler Orange and the anime's version of Battle Frontier) but never does he seem to actually win the ones that really matter. That is, the ones kids will actually play through.
#24LexifoxPosted 1/14/2013 9:21:29 PM
The Pokemon anime is intended for young children. Like, the target audience is basically "Can you read? Yes? Then go pick up one of the manga".

Digimon is also a franchise that never tried to cultivate the perfectly squeaky clean image that Pokemon did, particularly because the franchise originates from Bandai, not Nintendo. Nintendo has a history of censorship and making sure its games are perfect for anyone and everyone because they cannot possibly offend.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25LexifoxPosted 1/14/2013 9:22:22 PM
Umuru posted...
warnerbroman posted...

Too young to remember Angewomon? Or the Angewomon/Lady Devimon catfight?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26LightHawKnightPosted 1/14/2013 9:24:06 PM
Moogle_trainer posted...
Digimon seasons
1: Awesome
2: pretty good first half
3: Awesome again
4: WTF? Actually enjoyed the first half kind of
5: pretty good
stopped watching when it went all Mighty Morphing digi rangers

Season 6 is actually really good. The combining is nothing like power rangers, since they don't use the exact same thing over and over again.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#27Ari917Posted 1/14/2013 9:25:41 PM(edited)
Well it's probably numerous factors, but I think the biggest would have to be that Digimon doesn't really have a source material. Yeah it has the Digimon dictionary and the like but it's mostly background information like that of the Pokedex, there isn't a story they have to draw from like Pokemon with the games so they can make their own story from scratch as much as they want. This probably allowed them to not only be more flexible when it came to the first two seasons but also allowed them to reboot when each individual setting had ran its course.

As for the seasons, Tamers is my favorite with Adventure at close second, but I also like the other seasons for different reasons.

...Except Hunters, that can burn in the core of the hottest sun for all I care.

Lexifox posted...
Umuru posted...
warnerbroman posted...

Angewomon and Ladydevimon look like nuns compared to Savers Rosemon and especially Mervamon.
#28Bronze_StuffPosted 1/14/2013 9:25:06 PM
Lexifox posted...
Umuru posted...
warnerbroman posted...

TK: I don't know why but I can't stop watching...!
---
Jimbo.
#29MM125Posted 1/14/2013 9:25:18 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
So am I the only one who doesn't hate Adventure 02?

I mean, it had BlackWarGreymon.

This is very true. Y'know, it just hit me that mathematically, I can't really be considered a Digimon fan anymore. I love Adventure, Adventure 02, and Tamers, but don't really care for the rest. So I'm, like 43% of a Digimon fan. That's depressing.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#30UmuruPosted 1/14/2013 9:27:57 PM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
Umuru posted...
warnerbroman posted...

I think I was 10 or so when that happened and I was still more into the giant monsters blowing each other up phase.

Ari917 posted...

Angewomon and Ladydevimon look like nuns compared to Savers Rosemon and especially Mervamon.

The former two you could mistake for some sort of good/evil rivalry if you are young but the latter two are just... bouncy.