This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#41UmuruPosted 1/14/2013 9:48:38 PM
Lexifox posted...

I meant the remake, not the original. I still have the original and its wonderful glitches.

Ah, so then re:Digitized? Same here then. I had gotten so used to the character artstyle through all of that Devil Survivor playing too...
#42Ari917Posted 1/14/2013 9:52:41 PM
warnerbroman posted...

Dominatrix Lilithmon

Her too, but Mervamon has boob lasers, there's no contest.

Umuru posted...

We also have Sanzomon (based on the monk from Journey to the West) who doesn't have the top of her face covered. Of course, it is her mouth that is in this case. :p

To be fair to Sanzomon, she isn't nearly as fanservice based (at least outside of Jintrix and Collectors, but that has a nasty habit of sexing up every female Digimon, even Harpymon).

Lexifox posted...

I meant the remake, not the original. I still have the original and its wonderful glitches.

I know how you feel, I really want to play Re:Digitize...
#43Cloud576Posted 1/14/2013 10:06:05 PM
I still say that Digimon Tamers is no kid's show. The first time I watched it as a kid I was scared s***less.

It deals with so many issues that kids just can't understand, or that give them such a rude wake-up call. Hell, I cried like a baby when Leomon died . I was just old enough to understand death, but seeing that was like a slap in the face that I honestly think had a profound effect on my psyche. Then seeing Jerry's break down, Megidramon's rampage, The D-Reaper's Jerry Clone, Jerry's mother's death, The Digital world being practically destroyed, and the ending scene; I was just probably the most miserable little kid after my first time seeing this. Yeah, I'll say it, Digimon made me depressed.

When I was older I watched it again, and enjoyed it so much now that I could catch all the parts that weren't "Cool monsters fighting" that I wouldn't hesitate at all to say it's one of my top ten favorite anime.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0948 5017 5665
Pokemon White Friend Code: 5071 9428 0553
#44Checkmate88Posted 1/14/2013 10:10:17 PM
The Digimon anime was awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/J1fWK.jpg

...Look, I only had one Digimon model to work with. Sometimes I have to get creative.
---
The Azure Knights
Kicking helicopters since 4/1/2012
#45MM125Posted 1/14/2013 10:12:26 PM
Cloud576 posted...
I still say that Digimon Tamers is no kid's show. The first time I watched it as a kid I was scared s***less.

It deals with so many issues that kids just can't understand, or that give them such a rude wake-up call. Hell, I cried like a baby when Leomon died . I was just old enough to understand death, but seeing that was like a slap in the face that I honestly think had a profound effect on my psyche. Then seeing Jerry's break down, Megidramon's rampage, The D-Reaper's Jerry Clone, Jerry's mother's death, The Digital world being practically destroyed, and the ending scene; I was just probably the most miserable little kid after my first time seeing this. Yeah, I'll say it, Digimon made me depressed.

When I was older I watched it again, and enjoyed it so much now that I could catch all the parts that weren't "Cool monsters fighting" that I wouldn't hesitate at all to say it's one of my top ten favorite anime.

I agree completely. Though, when I was a kid, Leomon's death didn't really phase me as much as it probably should have, since it wasn't til the very end of the series when I realized that the Tamers-verse is the only Digimon continuity where death is permanent.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#46Cloud576Posted 1/14/2013 10:16:31 PM
MM125 posted...
Cloud576 posted...

I agree completely. Though, when I was a kid, Leomon's death didn't really phase me as much as it probably should have, since it wasn't til the very end of the series when I realized that the Tamers-verse is the only Digimon continuity where death is permanent.

Well, to be accurate in Digimon Adventure Wizardmon did die permanently since he died in the real world and his data couldn't go to Primary Village to be reborn. He just floats as data particles in the real world.

I know way more about this stuff then I should.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0948 5017 5665
Pokemon White Friend Code: 5071 9428 0553
#47LightHawKnightPosted 1/14/2013 10:18:43 PM
Cloud576 posted...
MM125 posted...
Cloud576 posted...

Well, to be accurate in Digimon Adventure Wizardmon did die permanently since he died in the real world and his data couldn't go to Primary Village to be reborn. He just floats as data particles in the real world.

I know way more about this stuff then I should.

Now you made me sad all over again. I am rewatching the entire season 1 now. Skipping 2 and heading on to the rest. I hate Davis.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#48Stefan1277Posted 1/14/2013 10:20:41 PM
CosmoKramer4700 posted...
Digimon Seasons 1 & 3 are awesome.

I agree with this in full. Everything else aside from 1&3 sucks bad.

Pokemon was good at first, but there's a billion episodes of the same crap going on. Ash is a dumb good for nothing, team rocket is a shame for any -- actually, for a human being, friends keep being removed and added, gym leaders look like idiots, blah blah etc.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#49airfoemoePosted 1/14/2013 10:21:46 PM
Pok`emon has a main character who is a loser and the villains are usually the same with a terrible scheme to steal Ash's Pikachu. Ash wants to be a Pok`emon master and barely catches any Pok`emon each generation and pretty much fails at every elite four and the transitions to each new generation is sloppy.

Digimon has main Characters that are much more likable and have much better villains. I haven't seen the show since I was a kid so I can't elaborate more than that.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#50Jarred623Posted 1/14/2013 10:23:47 PM
CosmoKramer4700 posted...
Digimon Seasons 1 & 3 are awesome.

---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.