This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#61otter_929Posted 1/14/2013 11:43:05 PM
@ LightHawk

All that stuff you described is from Season 6, not 5. Season 5 was Data Squad and was god awful. Season 6 is as good as the original Season imo. Such an amazing story and fights/digimon
---
Pokemon White FC: 3310-4532-7570
3DS FC: 2750-1095-9276
#62LightHawKnightPosted 1/14/2013 11:43:45 PM
Yeah, I just noticed. It is pretty late for me, and I thought I saw 6 not 5.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#63willingmessPosted 1/14/2013 11:44:06 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Goten55 posted...
I absolutely loved the first 3 seasons. Didn't like 4,

Now I wanna start watching again. Is season 5 good?

IMO pretty damn good. Though if you don't like the new way of digivolving, where multiple digimon work together to create a new more powerful digimon. Minor spoilers on a certain fusion that brings back an old favorite read it if you wish. Greymon + Mailbirdramon = MetalGreymon. Then there are new ones, though the main fusion line really just look like different versions of Omni/Omegamon, which is pretty damn awesome. Since I love Omegamon.

Forgot to mention there is still regular digivolution. It just takes years and years and years of effort to achieve it. Many of the big bads have spent their whole lives to reach the point in which they are at now. Digimon actually have growth, which is nice. Minor spoilers, but proof here:
The main digimon Shoutmon looks like a regular rookie throughout most of the season, but when there is a time skip for the lead change, but he still comes back with the main guy, so really the lead didn't change that much, at least from what I have watched. Shoutmon is older, has scars and looks more like his final evolution.

Also they added back regularish evolutions later on in the seasons.

I thought fusions were in season six
1. adventure
2. adventure 2
3. tamers
4. frontier
5. savers (data squad) no combinations
6. xross. this is where the combinations come into play

although I'm not sure if the first two are combined or not....
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#64XGeassPosted 1/14/2013 11:45:51 PM
willingmess posted...
the first time I watched the third season of digimon, my life changed. it was just that awesome. I'm really sad that any of the seasons don't air anymore. although I think I could find something if I looked on amazon or netflix. all in all it seems to me as though the middle three seasons (3,4,5) were extremely dark. I was crying like a baby at season 3's ending (note: I was 8 or 10) I mean wow. it's only a shame that I have never been able to watch a whole season through.

(btw gallantmon would own wargreymon, heck any greymon)

I only wish more people would watch the shows....

No No No. Wargreymon would make Gallentmon his *****.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8LflK7jik&feature=channel&list=UL
And my life is complete.
#65XGeassPosted 1/14/2013 11:46:51 PM
willingmess posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Goten55 posted...

IMO pretty damn good. Though if you don't like the new way of digivolving, where multiple digimon work together to create a new more powerful digimon. Minor spoilers on a certain fusion that brings back an old favorite read it if you wish. Greymon + Mailbirdramon = MetalGreymon. Then there are new ones, though the main fusion line really just look like different versions of Omni/Omegamon, which is pretty damn awesome. Since I love Omegamon.

Forgot to mention there is still regular digivolution. It just takes years and years and years of effort to achieve it. Many of the big bads have spent their whole lives to reach the point in which they are at now. Digimon actually have growth, which is nice. Minor spoilers, but proof here:
The main digimon Shoutmon looks like a regular rookie throughout most of the season, but when there is a time skip for the lead change, but he still comes back with the main guy, so really the lead didn't change that much, at least from what I have watched. Shoutmon is older, has scars and looks more like his final evolution.

I thought fusions were in season six
1. adventure
2. adventure 2
3. tamers
4. frontier
5. savers (data squad) no combinations
6. xross. this is where the combinations come into play

although I'm not sure if the first two are combined or not....

02 had DNA Digivalution >_>
---
And my life is complete.
#66Goten55Posted 1/14/2013 11:47:28 PM
Goten55 posted...

I'll check it out. Thanks.

For nostalgia purposes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4-HZBcuqs
---
Gardenia Month!
http://i.imgur.com/2UK2Z.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3fBl5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/msXxq.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Clq47.jpg
#67ExcaliburOwnerPosted 1/14/2013 11:49:12 PM
If Ash actually grew up, all the Pokemon anime problems would disappear. His mentality change would probably make the show a little more interesting to watch than Discovery Kids.

And I have to agree that the Digimon anime is awesome, though I've never really saw them all (only some episodes). Also, it seems that I'm not the only one who likes the games too. The ones for the PSOne were my favorite games ever in my childhood. The only Pokemon game I've ever considered better than these was Crystal, but I still liked the Digimon games nonetheless.
---
Played: Pokemon Black (and White). Progress: Finished both, with complete Pokedex in Black.
Playing: Pokemon Conquest. Progress: At the post-game.
#68willingmessPosted 1/14/2013 11:51:31 PM
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...
the first time I watched the third season of digimon, my life changed. it was just that awesome. I'm really sad that any of the seasons don't air anymore. although I think I could find something if I looked on amazon or netflix. all in all it seems to me as though the middle three seasons (3,4,5) were extremely dark. I was crying like a baby at season 3's ending (note: I was 8 or 10) I mean wow. it's only a shame that I have never been able to watch a whole season through.

who is in the royal knights? is it greymon? or is it the awesome knight that can destroy the very upper end enemies both in-game and in the anime? the knight that has the potential to completely end the digiverse with its power. gallantmon could kick wargreymon six ways till sunday.
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#69Robot_SoopaPosted 1/14/2013 11:53:51 PM
Digimon has like two bearable seasons.

The problem is that Digimon has no boundaries to follow so they'll do really stupid s*** like turning the MC's into Digimon themselves in that one season.

Pokemon at least feels constant and is mainly just a way for me to see new Pokemon in a different way with some personality and in their element. I don't watch it for Ash and his merry band of idiots.
#70XGeassPosted 1/14/2013 11:56:08 PM(edited)
willingmess posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

who is in the royal knights? is it greymon? or is it the awesome knight that can destroy the very upper end enemies both in-game and in the anime? the knight that has the potential to completely end the digiverse with its power. gallantmon could kick wargreymon six ways till sunday.

Wargreymon is part of the Aguman line and is thus the mascot of the series. Also Who makes up part of the most powerful member of the royal knight? Yea I thought so.

Also Gallentmon doesn't even use the Hazard Core that is Medgedramon.
---
And my life is complete.