This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#71DesulatedPosted 1/14/2013 11:55:18 PM
ExcaliburOwner posted...
If Ash actually grew up, all the Pokemon anime problems would disappear. His mentality change would probably make the show a little more interesting to watch than Discovery Kids.

And I have to agree that the Digimon anime is awesome, though I've never really saw them all (only some episodes). Also, it seems that I'm not the only one who likes the games too. The ones for the PSOne were my favorite games ever in my childhood. The only Pokemon game I've ever considered better than these was Crystal, but I still liked the Digimon games nonetheless.

Digimon was never a major player in the gaming market to begin with; Pokemon definitely dominated there.

And I followed both animes until Tamers and the Advanced Gen-they stopped airing Digimon on the cartoon channels I follow and I was just downright tired of seeing Ash bomb everything he tried, even as a kid. And even more so, I always liked the darker themes of Digimon more.

What a fair tradeoff. Digimon has the anime, Pokemon has the games.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#72ADHDguitarPosted 1/14/2013 11:55:27 PM
Because the Digimon Anime isn't a soulless cash-in. It's an actual anime.

Pokemon is a game. The show is a terrible spinoff. The end.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#73pokemega32Posted 1/14/2013 11:57:41 PM
otter_929 posted...
@ LightHawk

All that stuff you described is from Season 6, not 5. Season 5 was Data Squad and was god awful. Season 6 is as good as the original Season imo. Such an amazing story and fights/digimon

Total opinions.

I thought Savers/Data Squad was much better than Xros Wars.

The kids in Xros Wars have very little characterization and Taiki does not have any flaws.

The action and the villains in the first half are done very well but then everything gets sloppy in the second season.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#74willingmessPosted 1/14/2013 11:59:13 PM
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...
the first time I watched the third season of digimon, my life changed. it was just that awesome. I'm really sad that any of the seasons don't air anymore. although I think I could find something if I looked on amazon or netflix. all in all it seems to me as though the middle three seasons (3,4,5) were extremely dark. I was crying like a baby at season 3's ending (note: I was 8 or 10) I mean wow. it's only a shame that I have never been able to watch a whole season through.

(btw gallantmon would own wargreymon, heck any greymon)

I only wish more people would watch the shows....

No No No. Wargreymon would make Gallentmon his *****.

who is in the royal knights? is it greymon? or is it the awesome knight that can destroy the very upper end enemies both in-game and in the anime? the knight that has the potential to completely end the digiverse with its power. gallantmon could kick wargreymon six ways till sunday.

Wargreymon is part of the Aguman line and is thus the mascot of the series. Also Who makes up part of the most powerful member of the royal knight? Yea I thought so.

Also Gallentmon doesn't even use the Hazard Core that is Medgedramon.

two things gallantmon has the RESTRAINT not to use it (chaosgallantmon lacks that) and two when was wargreymon a part of alphamon?
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#75XGeassPosted 1/15/2013 12:02:03 AM
willingmess posted...

two things gallantmon has the RESTRAINT not to use it (chaosgallantmon lacks that) and two when was wargreymon a part of alphamon?

Alphamon is tied with Omnimon for most powerful wise guy. And the point is he doesn't use it. Also Chaosgallantmon doesn't have the Hazard Core like how Blackwargreymon doesn't have the Crest of Courage.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8LflK7jik&feature=channel&list=UL
And my life is complete.
#76willingmessPosted 1/15/2013 12:10:33 AM
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

Alphamon is tied with Omnimon for most powerful wise guy. And the point is he doesn't use it. Also Chaosgallantmon doesn't have the Hazard Core like how Blackwargreymon doesn't have the Crest of Courage.

there always is gallantmon CM. that thing is supposed to be at least at omnimons power. at this point we have no idea who would win.

I know this sounds flimsy but in the dawn dusk games either gallantmon CM or the upgraded version of beelzemon is one of the final story bosses depending on the game you got.
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#77LightHawKnightPosted 1/15/2013 12:15:04 AM
willingmess posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

there always is gallantmon CM. that thing is supposed to be at least at omnimons power. at this point we have no idea who would win.

I know this sounds flimsy but in the dawn dusk games either gallantmon CM or the upgraded version of beelzemon is one of the final story bosses depending on the game you got.

So what is Imperialdramon Paladin Mode?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#78Bronze_StuffPosted 1/15/2013 12:18:09 AM
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

Remind me, wasn't Wargreymon made from gears? Or was it the spires that he was made from?
---
Jimbo.
#79XGeassPosted 1/15/2013 12:19:05 AM
willingmess posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

I wouldn't really call on the DS games to gauge how powerful a Digimon is canonically. In cases like this we would be better off going by either anime or manga for this one, Especially sine through breading you could get an In-training level to 999 in all their stats.
---
And my life is complete.
#80XGeassPosted 1/15/2013 12:19:53 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

Remind me, wasn't Wargreymon made from gears? Or was it the spires that he was made from?

Blackwargreymon? Spires.
---
And my life is complete.