This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#81pokemega32Posted 1/14/2013 11:19:57 PM
XGeass posted...
I wouldn't really call on the DS games to gauge how powerful a Digimon is canonically. In cases like this we would be better off going by either anime or manga for this one, Especially sine through breading you could get an In-training level to 999 in all their stats.

Digimon is made up of numerous canons, with different species having wildly different power levels between them.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#82XGeassPosted 1/14/2013 11:20:34 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
willingmess posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

two things gallantmon has the RESTRAINT not to use it (chaosgallantmon lacks that) and two when was wargreymon a part of alphamon?

Alphamon is tied with Omnimon for most powerful wise guy. And the point is he doesn't use it. Also Chaosgallantmon doesn't have the Hazard Core like how Blackwargreymon doesn't have the Crest of Courage.

there always is gallantmon CM. that thing is supposed to be at least at omnimons power. at this point we have no idea who would win.

I know this sounds flimsy but in the dawn dusk games either gallantmon CM or the upgraded version of beelzemon is one of the final story bosses depending on the game you got.

So what is Imperialdramon Paladin Mode?

Imperialdramon on Omnimon steroids.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8LflK7jik&feature=channel&list=UL
And my life is complete.
#83XGeassPosted 1/14/2013 11:21:32 PM
pokemega32 posted...
XGeass posted...
I wouldn't really call on the DS games to gauge how powerful a Digimon is canonically. In cases like this we would be better off going by either anime or manga for this one, Especially sine through breading you could get an In-training level to 999 in all their stats.

Digimon is made up of numerous canons, with different species having wildly different power levels between them.

True but Omnimon is almost always top tier in every series.
---
And my life is complete.
#84willingmessPosted 1/14/2013 11:23:11 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
willingmess posted...
XGeass posted...
willingmess posted...

two things gallantmon has the RESTRAINT not to use it (chaosgallantmon lacks that) and two when was wargreymon a part of alphamon?

Alphamon is tied with Omnimon for most powerful wise guy. And the point is he doesn't use it. Also Chaosgallantmon doesn't have the Hazard Core like how Blackwargreymon doesn't have the Crest of Courage.

there always is gallantmon CM. that thing is supposed to be at least at omnimons power. at this point we have no idea who would win.

I know this sounds flimsy but in the dawn dusk games either gallantmon CM or the upgraded version of beelzemon is one of the final story bosses depending on the game you got.

So what is Imperialdramon Paladin Mode?

those two in-training digimon were there too. And the first time I fought them they mollywomped me. but that's besides the point. the point is BOTH alphamon and omnimon fought you at the same time during a series leading UP to gallantmon CM. though I do admit that imperialdramon paladin mode is probably the most powerful digimon ever. (barring super ultimates and any arkadimon)
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#85DesulatedPosted 1/14/2013 11:25:06 PM
Wow, you guys have whipped up one hell of a debate here. XD
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#86XGeassPosted 1/15/2013 1:18:52 AM
Desulated posted...

Of course we are this is Digimon we are talking about.
---
And my life is complete.
#87SettaWorldTeethPosted 1/15/2013 1:28:56 AM
Digimon Tamers is right up there with Beast Wars as my all time favourite Childhood TV show. I could only watch 1 season of Pokemon because it became so repetitivie and Ash became so annoying. >.>
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#88DesulatedPosted 1/15/2013 7:52:42 PM
XGeass posted...
Desulated posted...

Of course we are this is Digimon we are talking about.

At least it didn't turn into a flamewar, lol.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#89Bane_Of_DespairPosted 1/15/2013 8:07:07 PM(edited)
I do agree that Digimon is the stronger anime series, for all of the reasons that other people have listed. There was more happening and even though I don't like how some of the later seasons change things at certain points, that's what keeps it fresh. Pokemon, as endearing as it is, is the same formula season after season. Ash beats the Gym Leaders, has some filler episodes, goes to the Championships, ultimately loses, and starts over again. There only so much you can do with that until it starts feeling stale.

And do most Digimon fans not like Adventure 02? It's one of my favorite seasons (Well, to be fair I am an old-school Digimon fan) and has my favorite Digimon (Veemon). Davis is kind of annoying but I think it's funny most of the time when everyone ****s on him and Kari totally dismisses his advances and actions XD
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
#90RAPTall1Posted 1/15/2013 8:12:11 PM
Well... I know what I'm doing next time I have a break in life. Time to rewatch all the digimon seasons.

I never actually finished Savers/Data Squad, and never watched Xros Wars, so that'll be fun to finally get to :-)
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315