This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the Digimon Anime so much better then the pokemon Anime?

#91DesulatedPosted 1/15/2013 9:14:24 PM
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
I do agree that Digimon is the stronger anime series, for all of the reasons that other people have listed. There was more happening and even though I don't like how some of the later seasons change things at certain points, that's what keeps it fresh. Pokemon, as endearing as it is, is the same formula season after season. Ash beats the Gym Leaders, has some filler episodes, goes to the Championships, ultimately loses, and starts over again. There only so much you can do with that until it starts feeling stale.

And do most Digimon fans not like Adventure 02? It's one of my favorite seasons (Well, to be fair I am an old-school Digimon fan) and has my favorite Digimon (Veemon). Davis is kind of annoying but I think it's funny most of the time when everyone ****s on him and Kari totally dismisses his advances and actions XD

I liked Adventure 02. The new protagonists were great and they at least made the old cast support characters. It was only after Tamers did I stop following because they no longer aired it on the cartoon channels.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#92LonelyGoombaPosted 1/15/2013 9:16:12 PM
tbh Pokemon is the worst anime I can think of

so any capable anime is better
---
NNID: Deep4t
#93Nerwrax15Posted 1/15/2013 9:19:56 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...

School days is worse.
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#94thedarklordx3Posted 1/16/2013 1:45:14 PM(edited)
pokemon anime:

every season is exactly the same with different pokemon and SOME new people

digimon:

actual plot
a lot of digimon are cooler than a lot of pokemon
villians who are actually at least somewhat competent
plot progression
time progression
actual accomplishments
consistency

Nerwrax15 posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...

School days is worse.

define "worse"
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#95MilsoPosted 1/16/2013 2:02:47 PM
As someone who doesn't give a crap about Pokemon.. the TC is absolutely correct. Pokemon is one of the worst TV shows I've ever had the misfortune to watch and it's insulting even to its target demographic of 6 year olds.

Even Power Rangers makes an attempt at character development and story arcs (even if it's generally a hacked together and dumbed down version of Super Sentai). Besides the first episode of Pokemon, which is what more of the show should have been like, it's complete slew and I can't believe anyone over the age of 10 would watch it non ironically.
---
rawr
#96Meltemi_RafalaPosted 1/16/2013 2:14:37 PM
Nerwrax15 posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...

School days is worse.

Depends. It was a very dark deconstruction of the harem genre. If you don't appreciate that going in, either because you don't like harem anime, because you just wanted another connect-the-dots harem anime, or you just don't like dark anime, then you probably wouldn't have liked it as much. I fall into the former category, so I didn't watch it, but I definitely heard of it.

That said, Pokemon is definitely not the worst anime out there. Its primary fault is that it's aggressively mediocre and refuses to take risks, instead sticking with the same basic formula. Digimon has always been willing to take risks for a better story; a third season that doesn't follow in the same story of the first two seasons? Mythos references in kids shows? Sometimes it doesn't always pay off (what was the point of Dagon in season 2?), sometimes it does (Tamers).
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#97Nerwrax15Posted 1/16/2013 2:17:10 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
pokemon anime:

every season is exactly the same with different pokemon and SOME new people

digimon:

actual plot
a lot of digimon are cooler than a lot of pokemon
villians who are actually at least somewhat competent
plot progression
time progression
actual accomplishments
consistency

Nerwrax15 posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...

School days is worse.

define "worse"

There is no defining it. Look up 2-3 reviews on youtube, or the ending. You'll see.
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#98360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 2:19:49 PM
Nerwrax15 posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...

School days is worse.

School days had the ass of a main character get his at the end, so it's not all bad. To bad every female had the intelligence of a potato.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#99lyle81992Posted 1/16/2013 2:35:52 PM
Digimon anime is better because they don't troll the main character all the time.

Digimon Season 1(Adventure 1) was awesome .

Digimon Season 2(Adventure 2) had a slow start but the second half of the series is good.

Digimon Season 3(Tamers) was awesome.

Digimon Season 4(Frontier)had an interesting concept(humans turning into digimon)that was poorly executed but the first part of the series is good.The last part was awful and everyone was trolled by the Royal Knights and Lucemon.

Digimon Season 5(Data Squad)I did'nt see it but I heard it was badass.Eventually I will watch it.

Digimon Season 6(Xros Wars)is being dubbed and will air on the Vortex(CW).I will be watching it.I have heard good things about it.
---
Pokemon Black FC-1592 4693 9258
#100SR2fanPosted 1/16/2013 2:42:15 PM
RemixV4 posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
So am I the only one who doesn't hate Adventure 02?

I mean, it had BlackWarGreymon.

I liked it, if only for Veemons cool forms.

Aside Digimon 01, 02 is the best season! Armor evolutions, BlackWarGreymon, return of Myotismon, and of course the epilogue! One of the few animes that give a "proper" epilogue, by "proper" I mean it's several years later, a new generation can be seen, shipping/coupling is confirmed by or at this point...i just don't count a series over, any anime/cartoon series, until there is some form of an epilogue!
---
GT: Critical Shade