This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X/Y Metagame Discussion Topic: Everything is going to be Pokay Edition

#11Infectedglore2Posted 1/15/2013 12:39:05 AM
Hinoken86 posted...
Yeah. I have spent a long time simply lurking the various meta threads over the years, decided that i would like to try and contribute to this gen and hopefully promote a more positive attitude towards the competitive scene. I'm not much of a battler but I absolutly adore theorycrafting, I plan to try and improve both this time around!

So what part of weather do you dislike that could be changed? Or what other type of play would you like to see become more pronounced to counter it?

Yeah lurking around Smogon is really the best way to improve your competitive skills.
#12Hinoken86(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:51:36 AM
Chenmaster2 posted...
Wouldn't it be funny if Magnezone and Probopass got an entry hazard that paralyzes any Pokemon except for electric/ground pokemon? Oh and you can only get rid of it if a grounded electric pokemon switches in and absorbs them or some pokemon performs a rapid spin. However it takes two turns to set up. One layer won't do anything on its own. :P

Entry hazards are another interesting point. I'm not sure a hazard that causes para would be good since it increases occurances of RNG, but how about instead entry hazards that apply debuffs to incomming pokemon? Single stage ATK/S.ATK/SPD down hazards that you can clear by switching. Of coarse an increase in number of hazards would mean we would need more ways to clear them. And we don't want to see the meta over centralize one one aspect. Thoughts?
---
Former Username: gamrguy
PSN/Steam: Hinoken86
#13Czar_YoshiPosted 1/15/2013 1:09:41 AM
I think that weather could become more obscure without being nerfed if there were simply a lot of new, good anti weather pokemon who could mess up weather teams.
#14Hinoken86(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:42:54 AM
gonna give this a bump for other time zones to throw input in.
---
Former Username: gamrguy
PSN/Steam: Hinoken86