This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game do you believe a newcomer to pokemon should play first?

#11TheCoolzPosted 1/15/2013 3:21:09 PM
overmaxx posted...
reaverz posted...
Nay to FrLg. It has absolutely nothing to do after you've discovered all Sevii Islands, not even a Battle Facility to challenge if you want. It's easily got the worst postgame of any Pokemon game starting with Gen 3. Even RS has it beat...

Plus, it's outdated, as the physical/special split is something everyone needs to learn, and it's still not there in gen 3.

HGSS are the best introductions, really.

I think it's fine. They always have new mechanics with each gen. Enjoying FL/LG is perfectly alright.
---
Diamond FC: 4854 3640 0601
#12SlimeStackPosted 1/15/2013 3:21:46 PM
The most recent games. Every Pokémon game is designed to be accessible for new players. I don't get why people always recommend starting far back and buying lots of games when there isn't even any serious plot to keep track of.

So right now, Black 2 and White 2 are the games everyone should be buying. X and Y in October.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#13lawragatajarPosted 1/15/2013 3:40:02 PM
Generally the most recent games are the best for a newcomer. The games don't really depend on each other and the newest games would let you participate in events and interact with other players. The furthest back I would recommend are the games that started the current generation.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lawragatajar
Black Friend Code: 4856 5755 6520
#14fallbackmontiPosted 1/15/2013 3:42:50 PM
If they just get a ds/dslite. FR/LG. If they just got a dsi HG/SS. I don't have a 3ds but im planning on getting one so i won't know if they released fr/lg on it.
#15Sid_StarkillerPosted 1/15/2013 4:22:55 PM
lawragatajar posted...
Generally the most recent games are the best for a newcomer. The games don't really depend on each other and the newest games would let you participate in events and interact with other players. The furthest back I would recommend are the games that started the current generation.

This. No reason not to just dive right in.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#16andis1992Posted 1/15/2013 4:28:05 PM
either platinum, or BW1
#17TeremeiPosted 1/15/2013 4:33:43 PM
If we can include non DS games I agree FR/LG, a nice remake of the original with super quick battle system.
---
last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: FFVII (PSN/PSPgo), various apps
#18CM_PonchPosted 1/15/2013 4:36:59 PM
In Order
FrLG
Emerald
Platinum
HGSS
BW
BW2

This way you get to experience every story and the mechanics only add on.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png