This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate waiting for them.

#1pancakeboyPosted 1/15/2013 7:22:07 PM
I hate not knowing if the remakes are coming or not. It's literally torturing my soul now. Does anyone else want the remakes this bad? Why did Game Freak have to make us wait like this. Why couldn't they give us a sign that they're coming? I don't even really want the remakes, I just want to see Hoenn get fair treatment as a classic region like Kanto/Johto. So does anyone agree that they were great games and are classic Pokemon now?
#2pancakeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:46:30 PM
Anyone?
#3Ki_cat_Posted 1/15/2013 7:57:06 PM(edited)
I wouldn't call then "classics" but they're great installments to the series with some awesome Pokemon. Emerald is one of the best "third" versions too. Besides, a lot of people can barely recall Gen 3 and up as far as Pokemon go. I think I remember a good chunk but I'll forget a lot from the top of my head unlike Gen 1/2.

Also, this is where the series changed most. A completely different map, legendaries forgotten, a new evil team etc...No one's going to remember Team Magma/Aqua like Rocket. No one's going to forget Goldenrod...Gen 2 and 1 are just more iconic. A lot of people quit after Crystal too.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#4pancakeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:14:17 PM
Ki_cat_ posted...
I wouldn't call then "classics" but they're great installments to the series with some awesome Pokemon. Emerald is one of the best "third" versions too. Besides, a lot of people can barely recall Gen 3 and up as far as Pokemon go. I think I remember a good chunk but I'll forget a lot from the top of my head unlike Gen 1/2.

Also, this is where the series changed most. A completely different map, legendaries forgotten, a new evil team etc...No one's going to remember Team Magma/Aqua like Rocket. No one's going to forget Goldenrod...Gen 2 and 1 are just more iconic. A lot of people quit after Crystal too.

How aren't they classic now? They're old enough that young adults and older teens (like me) remember them from their childhood.

I'm just afraid that if they stop doing remakes here, it will make people think that Gen 3 and up aren't good and weren't worth remaking. Which is totally not true! Like I said, Gen 3 is classic/old Pokemon now and deserves to be remade.
#5stangstagPosted 1/15/2013 8:14:58 PM
Ki_cat_ posted...
No one's going to remember Team Magma/Aqua like Rocket.

I think team Magma/Aqua are VERY memorable. I will never forget those guys. More character than team rocket IMO.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1549 4958 9680
#6Ki_cat_Posted 1/15/2013 8:25:42 PM
I agree that they had good character but most fans are going to remember Rocket grunts over Aqua/Magma.

Don't worry TC, 3rd gen will get remade. You're far from the only one who adores the games. I love them too but age doesn't always make something classic. Classics entail originality. Yes, each gen has their own unique Pokemon, features (Forts anyone? :D) but Gen 1 and 2 already established the formula and the 3rd gen built upon it. Hence why I say it's more of a great installment than a classic.

It's something a bit tricky to define because a lot of nostalgia (I hate the "n" word when talking about Pokemon...) comes to mind.

My main point is that R/S/E built upon the franchise more than doing something vastly unique. It still deserves a 3D update and will get one once Gamefreak feels like getting some new cars or something.
---
#7kakashik99992Posted 1/15/2013 8:29:14 PM
No i don't want to play half of the game on the back of my wailmer again.

And the only thing good from all those remakes talk with people calling me crazy for saying that gen VI would come now and Hoenn was a meh region was drinking all those tears of the hoenn babies on jan 8th
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#8pancakeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:35:55 PM
kakashik99992 posted...
No i don't want to play half of the game on the back of my wailmer again.

And the only thing good from all those remakes talk with people calling me crazy for saying that gen VI would come now and Hoenn was a meh region was drinking all those tears of the hoenn babies on jan 8th

See? Why are there people like this talking trash about it when there wasn't anyone doing that during the Gen 2 remake speculation days? I don't get it.
#9ChronoAcePosted 1/15/2013 8:37:13 PM
Gen 3 doesn't have anywhere near the nostalgia value that Gen 1 and 2 have. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get any Gen 3 remakes.
#10Ki_cat_Posted 1/15/2013 8:38:27 PM
Lots of people bashed how grindy and barren Gen 2 was/is.
---