This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you people really been playing ALLL of these games or did you just start?

#31KFrosty3Posted 1/16/2013 2:38:18 AM
I played Red, Stadium 1, Leaf Green, then Colosseum, then gave it up for years...

I then played Heart Gold, Pearl, Black, Sapphire... now I feel I might do that again
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#32Stefan1277Posted 1/16/2013 2:47:43 AM
Of course! how could I have bee so blind? we need more Call of Duty games! since there's not enough with 1-2 per year! silly me, wanting to play another Pokemon game.

/sarcasm
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#33DarkHeroRavenPosted 1/16/2013 2:48:12 AM
Saying every game is a rehash is extremely ignorant...
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#34Tequila_ShotPosted 1/16/2013 2:48:42 AM
I have played since the days of Red and Blue. The appeal of Pokemon, at least for me, has always transcended the games themselves. It has always been about building a monumental collection. I gave up toward the end of Crystal, when I found out that Ruby and Sapphire would lack the ability to connect. But I restarted back in '03 when Ruby and Sapphire were released, and I am glad I did.

As of now, I have a complete collection of breedable Pokemon. One for each species; meaning that I have access to nearly every Pokemon in the game. For all in-game legendaries, I have anywhere between two to six of each. Even as far as the Mythical ones go, the only ones I'm missing are Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Meloetta.

I also have a collection of 180 Pokemon that I've raised to level 100, by hand. I have six more that are around level 86-ish (overall team is 61.5% to level 100). No hacks. No rare candies. Just good, old fashioned jRPG grinding. This is a collection that I take most pride in. This is also something that I can't simply give up, since I've been working on it for almost ten years now. This is my "restored hot-rod, built piece by piece in my garage"; my "model ship, built meticulously inside of a bottle"; my "wall of trophy animals, collected on various hunts".

I spent nearly eight years playing WoW, and had every class at 85 before quitting. And, having played the beta for Mists of Pandaria, I quit because it was boring. I have a save file in Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories that is over 700 hours, with several perfect characters. I quit that at the drop of a hat, one day, and never picked it back up. I occasionally go back to Final Fantasy Tactics, and work on maxing out another character. I have 12 maxed characters in that game, and the only reason I haven't quit is because I love it more than any other game in the world.

But this collection that I have here, in my Pokemon games, represents nearly ten years of enjoyment. Ten years that, aside from school, work, and other hobbies, has never failed to deliver exactly what I desired from it.

You still find it hard to believe? Don't worry. One day, you'll find something that you can take pride in, and you'll happily spend your life working on it. Every man needs his life-long hobby.

This is mine.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#35BenzychenzPosted 1/16/2013 3:13:08 AM
How do people still play Mario?
How do people still play Zelda?
How do people still play Final Fantasy?
How do people still play Metal Gear Solid?
How do people still play Call of Duty?
How do people still play Ratchet & Clank?
How do people still play Kingdom Hearts?
How do people still play Halo?
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#36LightningAce11Posted 1/16/2013 3:14:46 AM
Benzychenz posted...
How do people still play Mario?
How do people still play Zelda?
How do people still play Final Fantasy?
How do people still play Metal Gear Solid?
How do people still play Call of Duty?
How do people still play Ratchet & Clank?
How do people still play Kingdom Hearts?
How do people still play Halo?

This all the way. Dumb tc.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#37darkus_fPosted 1/16/2013 3:35:00 AM
xLinkku posted...
All of them. Even the spinoffs.

this!
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356
Ki:U: Darkus
#38SinExDeathPosted 1/16/2013 3:45:57 AM
Started with Crystal. Then RBY when I found out there were earlier entries in the series or essentially, finding out it was a series all together. Been playing every main entry ever since and loved them all.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#39MeatwadMontanaPosted 1/16/2013 4:10:50 AM
I've had and played through:

Red
Blue
Yellow
Yellow again
Gold
Silver
Crystal
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Fire Red
Pearl
Heart Gold
White

I stopped getting every game form a generation after R/S/E, I'm skipping B/W2, and I still have yet to get around to beating the Elite 4 on White. Not sure if I'm gonna get an X/Y game. I don't have a 3DS so I might just wait for the next main game to come out or for the next handheld system to come out, but I will buy another Pokemon game someday.
#40MilenninPosted 1/16/2013 4:13:37 AM
Most of the handheld RPG's, starting with Red and Yellow.
I don't see Pokémon as one of the best games I've ever played - battle system is rather simplistic and shallow unless you go competitive in which it's merely a test of who hacks best or grinds the most, but it sure is one of the most addictive games I know. I love collecting stuff, and with hundreds upon hundreds of beasties to collect I couldn't be happier with a new game.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today