This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you people really been playing ALLL of these games or did you just start?

#61serenade696969Posted 1/16/2013 5:45:23 AM
ManBearFoxIII posted...
pokemon sucks and you all need to grow up and leave the house

Well, they're portable games, so of course we leave the house, silly.
#62ish0turfac3Posted 1/16/2013 5:52:27 AM
This is going to be my first.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
"Beef is evil chicken"
#63XeonGQPosted 1/16/2013 6:31:03 AM
When Red/Blue came out, I was in junior high. It was huge at my school, every day for months there were like 20 - 30 guys in the locker room playing during break and lunch. Even after that for like a year there were always a couple of people in there playing.

All my friends were into it also so I tried to get into it as well. I played Red(I think it was Red but I'm not positive, I actually found a cartridge for Blue in a box a couple months ago though so maybe it was Blue) for a couple hours -- I liked what I played, but I just didn't stick with it for some reason. That was my last experience with Pokemon. Though I did watch the show before school. :P

Just like a week before X/Y were announced I decided I wanted to give it another go and ordered HeartGold, and planned to buy Black and Black 2 shortly thereafter. And then right after, these were announced, which I thought was kinda convenient. :P
#64Missingno_MastrPosted 1/16/2013 6:36:24 AM
GothicDrifter posted...
pokemon sucks and you all need to grow up and leave the house

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3860/objectionm.png
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#65shadowsofdawnPosted 1/16/2013 6:57:12 AM
I haven't played since Ruby back on the GBA. I imagine the series has changed quite a bit since then.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#66SvenshinhanPosted 1/16/2013 7:06:07 AM
Nordini posted...
TherianReturns posted...
What is the point of your topic?

To find out if it's actually humanly possible for someone to still find enjoyment in a series after playing new versions of the same game 20 times.

Fair enough.

I started with Red/Blue way back when (I was 11 at the time) and have played most of the Pokémon games since then. I played Red, Gold and Crystal to death. After that I mellowed out. But I still really enjoyed most of the games after it. Played Emerald, Diamond, Pearl and White and liked them, even if I don't play nearly as much as I used to in Gen 1 and 2.

The novelty has worn off, but for some reason I still greatly enjoy new Pokémon games. I don't often make it far beyond the Elite 4, though. There was a brief period in Gen 4 when I played a bit more hardcore because some of my friends also happened to get back into Pokémon.

I wish the main games would drastically change their formula and basic mechanics, because it really does feel like I've been playing the same game, more or less. But I guess with new Pokémon, new abilities and new moves there's just enough there to keep me interested and really enjoy my experience. I can't really put it in words, but I still look forward to new Pokémon games and I'm really excited for X/Y.
---
Hakuna Matata
#67DeathSnipe777Posted 1/16/2013 7:12:57 AM
I've been playing since Red/Blue.

I've also played a majority of the spin-offs.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#68Nacht004Posted 1/16/2013 7:17:04 AM
Way back in Middle School (Junior High), I played Blue with my friends. I also got Silver when that came out in great excitement. Loved the games to hell but I was growing up a bit and took some time from it. Then in college met some gamers, heard about Diamond coming out soon so I decided to refresh myself, and I bought Emerald for cheap, had a ton of fun. Got Diamond when that came out and Black when that came out all very adequately.

Love these games, they're addictive, fun, and now that I'm older and wiser, very competitive if you know what you're doing (I love competition).

I'll definitely be getting myself X when that drops.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#69dwdwdw6Posted 1/16/2013 7:50:23 AM
Haha way to foil the troll attempt my Pokemon brethren :D.
#70Balamb00Posted 1/16/2013 8:00:23 AM
RageKaiser posted...
I starter playing pokemon when I was 7, I'm 22 now It's something I've grown up with. They add something new each generation so it's not just a rehash and I usually always like the new pokemon.

I like you and your opinion.