This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why it sucks that you probably won't be able to cheat in Gen 6

#51Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:38:45 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

---
Waiting for Golden Sun 3DS

I'm here.

so when is camelot going to release you?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#52hmmmmnamePosted 1/16/2013 7:41:36 PM
People are really blowing this out of proportion yeah some people use devices like r4 or programs like pokegen to enhance their experience and speed up the grinding process but so what? As long as they don't give the pokemon max stats (I F*CKING HATE THAT) i don't really care. It feels like you don't like it because they can get something easier than you. The phrase that comes to mind is sour grapes. People have their own circumstances some people don't wanna, or have the time to grind for hours on end (ie students) for a single pokemon when the alternative option of getting whole teams in the same time is available, likewise others like the satisfaction of creating teams from scratch and having a team thats truly theirs. Unless like i said they give their pokemon an unfair advantage (max PP, max stats, etc) i see absolutely no problem with this other than people complaining that the other guys get their things easier than I do like some child. I went through 1st to 4th Gen without hacking but then I got to the 5th Gen and decided i didn't want to start all over again and tried pokegen and was satisfied with the results. I mean this matter is of so little importance that i'm surprised people are actually complaining about this (then again this is the pokemon board >.>)
---
See you Space Cowboy.
#53Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 8:37:51 PM
how about GF build in a barrier that blocks all pokemon that are impossible to get through legal means? like say, a caterpie that knows hyper beam (it's the hypest **** ever. don't even try to deny it) or a pokemon with 255 EV in every stat
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#54aryanbrarPosted 1/16/2013 8:46:11 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
how about GF build in a barrier that blocks all pokemon that are impossible to get through legal means? like say, a caterpie that knows hyper beam (it's the hypest **** ever. don't even try to deny it) or a pokemon with 255 EV in every stat

there already is a barrier in place, when you battle on wifi. the game checks your poke, if it has anything illegal then it won't let you go online. eg: electrivire with wonder guard and air balloon would be banned.
#55FullAutoCVTPosted 1/16/2013 8:50:51 PM
People are really blowing this out of proportion yeah some people use devices like r4 or programs like pokegen to enhance their experience and speed up the grinding process but so what? As long as they don't give the pokemon max stats (I F*CKING HATE THAT) i don't really care. It feels like you don't like it because they can get something easier than you. The phrase that comes to mind is sour grapes. People have their own circumstances some people don't wanna, or have the time to grind for hours on end (ie students) for a single pokemon when the alternative option of getting whole teams in the same time is available, likewise others like the satisfaction of creating teams from scratch and having a team thats truly theirs. Unless like i said they give their pokemon an unfair advantage (max PP, max stats, etc) i see absolutely no problem with this other than people complaining that the other guys get their things easier than I do like some child. I went through 1st to 4th Gen without hacking but then I got to the 5th Gen and decided i didn't want to start all over again and tried pokegen and was satisfied with the results. I mean this matter is of so little importance that i'm surprised people are actually complaining about this (then again this is the pokemon board >.>)

You know, I was the opposite. I decided that I wouldn't cheat in Gen V. I had fun for months, but the Battle Subway ruined it for me. Since they maxed their stats every single time, not to mention cheating in other ways, I felt entitled to do legal hacks at the very least. When I got some trophies, I just went full blast with the cheating against them purely out of spite.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1535 posts........and counting
#56CressetPosted 1/17/2013 8:07:12 PM
Skull_pro posted...
Cresset posted...
It would be a shame if you couldn't cheat. One of the interesting things about the games is being able to play as many different teams and setups without having to spend an eternity grinding everyone up.

Lol no. Rpg are always about grinding your character. I mean what do you do upon defeating a game's final boss? You grind to be able to defeat the game's superboss(es).

To me, superbosses in pokemon are other players.

Grinding is a terrible concept that was used as padding so the game box could have a blurb promising 60+ hours of gameplay. I'll take actual gameplay and content over beating the same random monsters for hours, thanks.
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire