This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to get back into Pokemon

#1kkd17Posted 1/16/2013 10:56:06 AM
Hey everybody. its been a long time but I'm thinking about getting back into the series. The last one I played was Diamond and while I thought it was pretty good, I can't remember anything about it. I've played at least one game in every gen (Gen II still a personal favorite). Should I start with Black/White (not part 2 since its a sequel) or just wait until this comes out?
#2AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/16/2013 11:00:05 AM(edited)
kkd17 posted...
Hey everybody. its been a long time but I'm thinking about getting back into the series. The last one I played was Diamond and while I thought it was pretty good, I can't remember anything about it. I've played at least one game in every gen (Gen II still a personal favorite). Should I start with Black/White (not part 2 since its a sequel) or just wait until this comes out?

Pick up HG/SS NAO

Seriously, Gen 2 was also my favorite. you will not regret playing HGSS
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#3DemonSlayer92Posted 1/16/2013 10:58:53 AM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
kkd17 posted...

Pick up HG/SS NAO

No, don't. They were a waste of time and money.

Get Ruby or something.
---
I am the Official STEELIX of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
and Married to Delia Ketchum
#4EnferolunosPosted 1/16/2013 11:00:26 AM
Probably wait if you have a 3DS
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, Luigi's Mansion: DM, Animal Crossing 3D, Pokemon XY
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/16/2013 11:00:49 AM
DemonSlayer92 posted...
kkd17 posted...

Pick up HG/SS NAO

Get Ruby or something.

He's played at least one game in every gen...
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#6IrisVilePosted 1/16/2013 11:01:36 AM
DemonSlayer92 posted...
kkd17 posted...

Pick up HG/SS NAO

Get Ruby or something.

You really think so? I adore SS, gen two was a favorite for me, but with all the content it is hard to not like the reboot. At least for me.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#7mustardpi314Posted 1/16/2013 11:02:29 AM
if you want to pick up a gen V game, get B/W2. you don't miss that much on plot, and it's overall a much more fulfilling game.
---
Heh heh... the wind... it is... blowing...
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#8kkd17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 11:03:24 AM
DemonSlayer92 posted...
kkd17 posted...

Pick up HG/SS NAO

Get Ruby or something.

I beat Sapphire years ago so I dont feel like doing it again (all I remember is the second half of the game being full of Surf).

I knew about HG/SS but I was thinking about starting a completely new game. Did HG/SS come out before/after B&W?
#9AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/16/2013 11:04:31 AM
kkd17 posted...
DemonSlayer92 posted...
kkd17 posted...

Pick up HG/SS NAO

Get Ruby or something.

I beat Sapphire years ago so I dont feel like doing it again (all I remember is the second half of the game being full of Surf).

I knew about HG/SS but I was thinking about starting a completely new game. Did HG/SS come out before/after B&W?

Before, it's a part of Gen IV. if you want to start fresh then get BW2
---
#10MaurithPosted 1/16/2013 11:11:51 AM
Either Black/White or their sequels are fine. If you want to get the sequels so you can go through the story with some familiar faces, then you don't lose much. Obviously the story is a continuation but it's easy to follow.
---
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
[Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Katarina, Volibear, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]