This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it time yet?

#1zurcnPosted 1/16/2013 11:36:17 AM
Is it already time for the usual inversion of which gen were the best?

during gen 4: 3 was the worst - 2 best - 1 good but flawed

during gen 5: 4 was the worse - 3rd the best - 2nd bad - 1 great but flawed

or do we need to wait for the games release?

can't wait for 4th gen's turn to be the best gen :D
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#2Vexu192Posted 1/16/2013 11:40:20 AM
It's slowing moving forward, but as a whole most people still consider 4 the worst.

By X/Y, 4 will be the best. 3 will be bad, and 2 and 1 will be classics.
#3sabeta_samaPosted 1/16/2013 11:47:03 AM
I'm sort of at a crux with G4. I really hate Unova, I find the landscape to be completely boring, and the routes just don't feel cohesive really. It feels too much like a grid to navigate than a world to explore. G4 and G3 had the best maps, but G4 had some of he worst Pokemon. (I count evolutions as belonging to the gen they came from) and except for a few gems the whole region remains fairly unmemorable.

Gen three to me was the best by far. Always has been. Coming off of GSC, it made such massive leaps and bounds in technology and introduced so many things. (such as abilities) The world was my favorite, and there are so many memorable Pokemon there.

After that G2>G1 imo.

so G3>G2>G1>G5=G4

I liked all of the games by the way, this is just how I rank them.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#4vital_tundraPosted 1/16/2013 11:52:57 AM
Most people come to the conclusion that Gen 3 was the best.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#5RaidenHeroPosted 1/16/2013 11:53:41 AM
To Quote Animalguy001: Gen 4 is awesome!!!!
#6Vexu192Posted 1/16/2013 11:56:33 AM
vital_tundra posted...
Most people come to the conclusion that Gen 3 was the best.

This isn't true at all. The love for Gen 3 only came around when X/Y were annouced, now everybody loves them.
#7Limen123Posted 1/16/2013 11:57:44 AM
Apparently, the boards say 3 is now the best, 2 is the worst, 1 was flawed, 4 was okay and 5 is bad. 4 and 5 might be switched around.

I've always been inclined to say Gen 3 was my favorite.
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png
#8Vexu192Posted 1/16/2013 12:00:09 PM
sabeta_sama posted...
I'm sort of at a crux with G4. I really hate Unova, I find the landscape to be completely boring, and the routes just don't feel cohesive really. It feels too much like a grid to navigate than a world to explore. G4 and G3 had the best maps, but G4 had some of he worst Pokemon. (I count evolutions as belonging to the gen they came from) and except for a few gems the whole region remains fairly unmemorable.

Gen three to me was the best by far. Always has been. Coming off of GSC, it made such massive leaps and bounds in technology and introduced so many things. (such as abilities) The world was my favorite, and there are so many memorable Pokemon there.

After that G2>G1 imo.

so G3>G2>G1>G5=G4

I liked all of the games by the way, this is just how I rank them.

Yeah if you think removing 90% of everything Gen 2 did right were "leaps and bounds in technology" then ok.

Anyway.

I also despise Unovas map. I also think the music is horrible as well. I like the Pokemon though, I'm not crazy about them, but anything is better than the garbage we got with Gen 3.

Johtos map is pretty odd as well. It's still probably my favorite Gen though. It introduced a lot of my favorite Pokemon.

Kantos map is just pure nostalgic bliss. Hoenns map is just garbage. SURF SURF SURF SURF SURF. Christ.

Haven't played Gen 4 yet so can't comment on it's map.