This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Exploration items

#1RedShadowwwPosted 1/16/2013 2:42:57 PM
I think it would be a great idea if they made exploration items like a surfboard to let you surf, flashlight for flash, diving gear for dive, etc. But only make them obtainable after the elite four/champion. Anyone else think so?

Btw the names are just examples so don't focus on those >.>
#2Duskull24Posted 1/16/2013 2:47:50 PM
We already have these wonderful things called HM's. With them, you can teach your pokemon how to do the things you listed, and more.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#3RedShadowww(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 2:55:56 PM
Duskull24 posted...
We already have these wonderful things called HM's. With them, you can teach your pokemon how to do the things you listed, and more.

Thats the thing though, wouldn't it be better if we didn't have to use up like 7+ move slots for these to move around?
#4Duskull24Posted 1/16/2013 2:56:41 PM
Thats the thing though, wouldn't it be better if we didn't have to use up like 7+ move slots for these to move around?

But it's fun
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#5SSj2_MagnetoPosted 1/16/2013 3:07:54 PM

What's fun about wasting a move slot just to explore a cave or a route? HMs are terrible. Allowing pokemon to just naturally have obvious abilities or giving the player items, as TC describes, is a much better solution.
#6abcDSBTPosted 1/16/2013 3:13:47 PM
Duskull24 posted...

But it's fun

"FUN?! How could wasting a move slot for a crappy move possibly be fun?!"

"Like this!"

(Pokemon uses Surf)

I'm sure they are gonna keep HMs, but I hope its like Gen V where they aren't required to beat the game, just for shortcuts/extra areas.
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#7zurcnPosted 1/16/2013 3:13:54 PM
RedShadowww posted...
But only make them obtainable after the elite four/champion.

actually.. i might not mind that, provided that by the time you gather them all you've already been to every corner where they might be required to go in the first place.
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#8YoyokuKOPosted 1/16/2013 3:16:30 PM
they need to just make pokemon hm ready.

pokemon with wings and over a certain weight should fly naturally. just select it in the menu.
it won't be able to fly until gym # is beaten though
#9DemonSlayer92Posted 1/16/2013 3:18:27 PM
Duskull24 posted...

I don't like needing to lug around an HM slave.
---
I am the Official STEELIX of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
and Married to Delia Ketchum