This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think GF is done with remakes.

#41pancakeboyPosted 1/17/2013 3:16:34 PM
Done with remakes, on to sequels! Seriously, if they're gonna send us back to the same region, then they should try to spice things up a bit.
#42xJehodxPosted 1/17/2013 3:18:25 PM
Am I the only one who wants them to drop all the old pokemon and start fresh at 1 - 151 again?
---
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN - Habbalah
#43FungusForBrainsPosted 1/17/2013 4:10:11 PM
1) Game Freak likes money.
2) Hoenn can no longer be played on a current (Read: In production) Nintendo handheld
3) Hoenn is extremely out dated.
4) Game Freak likes money.
5) The Hoenn generation of kids are now in their mid to late teens, and they really want remakes (This backs up the "Game Freak likes money" point)
6) Game Freak really likes money.
#44RoyalShinePosted 1/17/2013 10:49:57 PM
Lapras24 posted...
LOL. They're not going to make BW3. Unova is done with.

Ruby and Sapphire is coming soon. It's been planned to be a Gen 6 game from the beginning.

Nothing has ever been planned about a RSE remake ever. Just saying. >___>
#45PhoenixPrincePosted 1/17/2013 10:56:15 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Xfma100 posted...
IIRC, HG/SS were not needed... (Couldn't most of the Johto pokemon be caught in other games?)

Yes, All of Johto could be caught in Generation 3. Making the "They needed HGSS to get Johto Pokemon" idea untrue.

They made HeartGold/SoulSilver because they like money. They will Make TerraRuby and AquaSapphire or SpiritEmerald and GeneAmethyst because they like money.

I'm inclined to believe that the Gameboy Color games were remade because the internal batteries were running dry on all the original games. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald do not have that issue.

Additionally, people seem to believe they saved it for Generation VI so it could be rendered in 3D, very doubtful. It'd take a lot of work to redo the entire region in 3D (even though half of it is water). I seriously don't think they'd use all that time on the black sheep, that's something they'd be doing for their baby.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#46roo10158Posted 1/17/2013 10:58:11 PM
PhoenixPrince posted...
I'm inclined to believe that the Gameboy Color games were remade because the internal batteries were running dry on all the original games. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald do not have that issue.

R/S/E/FR/LG have internal batteries too. I've heard of some people who's gen III games are starting to run out because they played them so much
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#47ExcaliburOwnerPosted 1/17/2013 10:59:25 PM
I agree they're done with remakes. Hoenn fans can stop hoping they will ever be released.

Now, I'm not so sure on sequels. Like someone above me said, GameFreak likes money, so I can somewhat see a Yellow, Crystal and Emerald sequel being released in the future. I'd not bet on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make it.

They'll do it as a way to commemorate an anniversary, perhaps?
---
Played: Pokemon Black (and White). Progress: Finished both, with complete Pokedex in Black.
Playing: Pokemon Conquest. Progress: At the post-game.
#48PhoenixPrincePosted 1/17/2013 11:00:50 PM
roo10158 posted...
PhoenixPrince posted...

R/S/E/FR/LG have internal batteries too. I've heard of some people who's gen III games are starting to run out because they played them so much

All the death of internal batteries mean for those games is no clock. Not a total termination of your current save file and inability to save future games.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.