This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There aren't any gay main protagonists.

#41FrankulaPosted 1/16/2013 11:33:38 PM
willingmess posted...
I don't WANT a social agenda in my games.....

real life is already so full of it that it's about to explode......

Quoted for truth.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#42Twilight_SonataPosted 1/16/2013 11:34:01 PM
Frankula posted...
This board is full of teens who are just coming out, and thus obsessed with parading their sexuality.

A) I'm 24
B) It's only called parading your sexuality if you're not straight. I can find fifty other topic here in a second about straight men drooling over the sexy female videogame character.

...you act like its such a big deal.

That's because it is a big deal. I wish we lived in a world where it wasn't a big deal, but we don't.

You are part of the problem, no?

No, you're the problem for not being able to see a topic like this and just let it the **** alone if you don't like it.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#43Anticitizen97Posted 1/16/2013 11:34:59 PM
If the topic has "gay" in the title, expect gayness... :P
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 4
#44Twilight_SonataPosted 1/16/2013 11:36:44 PM
StupidMofoz posted...
Uh no, I can express my opinion...

Nobody's telling you not to. I'm suggesting something that you could do if you don't want to read the topic. Stop being in the topic sounds like the perfect solution.

willingmess posted...
I don't WANT a social agenda in my games...

That you think my thinking it would be cool to see people that I can identify with represented is a social agenda is exactly the problem.
---
#45Victrin88Posted 1/16/2013 11:37:38 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Frankula posted...
This board is full of teens who are just coming out, and thus obsessed with parading their sexuality.

A) I'm 24
B) It's only called parading your sexuality if you're not straight. I can find fifty other topic here in a second about straight men drooling over the sexy female videogame character.

That's because it is a big deal. I wish we lived in a world where it wasn't a big deal, but we don't.

No, you're the problem for not being able to see a topic like this and just let it the **** alone if you don't like it.

Amen. Also a 24 year old gay man. Don't think I "parade" it but then again I get death stares should my boyfriend and I hold hands in public. Soon enough people will learn that us "parading our sexuality" is really us not laboriously tip toeing to a heteronormative standard.
---
Gaymers Unite!
#46FrankulaPosted 1/16/2013 11:38:51 PM
Frankula posted...

A) I'm 24

A) I didn't say you were a teen, I said this board is full of them.
B) Its one thing for you to make a topic about the "poke-guys" that you think are hot. That you can discuss REGARDLESS of what gender you are. We don't go around making "Straight guy fan clubs" and "There aren't any straight main protagonists" threads. Its different, you see?
3) Lettered lists are dumb
4) If you really think its such a big deal, well, you must not be very committed, are you?
5) Blah blah blah.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#47GlitterGunsPosted 1/16/2013 11:39:40 PM
I am also a gay male and think that this topic is a bit silly (though I recognize it's probably intended to be). The protagonists in Pokemon have always been, like, 12. They haven't developed any sexual orientation at all yet, and the games don't portray them having any sexuality at all.
What they COULD do and what would be awesome would be to have more gay NPCs, preferably ones that are actually openly acknowledged as being gay, just as there are straight NPCs that are actually acknowledged as being straight.

The hell kinda nonsense is that? You can develop sexual attractions at a younger age than that. When your body is ready, its ready! To imply that anyone under the age of 12 is not capable of having sexual attractions is BS.
#48LexifoxPosted 1/16/2013 11:40:02 PM
Frankula posted...
This board is full of teens who are just coming out, and thus obsessed with parading their sexuality. We get it. Seriously though, its annoying. Not because I don't share the same preferences as you, but because you act like its such a big deal. You are part of the problem, no?

How is it parading? And no one's acting like it's a big deal. People are part of the problem when they see anything like this as "parading". Are you going into the topics asking about dating in general and complaining people are parading their sexuality?

willingmess posted...
I don't WANT a social agenda in my games.....

real life is already so full of it that it's about to explode......

How is this a social agenda?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#49Twilight_SonataPosted 1/16/2013 11:45:05 PM(edited)
Frankula posted...
A) I didn't say you were a teen, I said this board is full of them.

And I didn't say you said I was a teen. I was providing a counter-example.

B) Its one thing for you to make a topic about the "poke-guys" that you think are hot. That you can discuss REGARDLESS of what gender you are. We don't go around making "Straight guy fan clubs" and "There aren't any straight main protagonists" threads. Its different, you see?

You don't make those topic because you don't need to, the same way that there don't need to be "straight pride parades" or "straight bars", because parades and bars that are not specifically called out as being gay are straight by default. Making such a thread would just be disrespectful for being so unnecessary.

4) If you really think its such a big deal, well, you must not be very committed, are you?

I don't even know what that means.
---
#50SayaMitsukiPosted 1/16/2013 11:43:37 PM
NaughtyGhost posted...
Hilda had a pretty solid hard on for Bianca.

Agreed.