This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There aren't any gay main protagonists.

#51FrankulaPosted 1/16/2013 11:54:07 PM(edited)
Twilight_Sonata posted...

You don't make those topic because you don't need to, the same way that there don't need to be "straight pride parades" or "straight bars", because parades and bars that are not specifically called out as being gay are straight by default. Making such a thread would just be disrespectful for being so unnecessary.

You don't need to make these topics either? There has been no "love interests" in pokemon at all, so to specifically call out that there hasn't been any "gay" main protagonists is just a way for you to flaunt that you are gay yourself.

Its like this. Had the topic been "I think it would be cool if the protagonist of this game were gay" and he went on to say how he would be interested if the story involved a love interest that was of the same sex, I would not have been inclined to post against the sentiment. However, what TC did do, was say "there aren't any gay main protagonsists", which implies he thinks there NEEDS to be gay main protagonists. Which why I feel he is forcing the whole gay thing on everyone.

If you still don't get my point of view i'm done trying.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#52dwdwdw6Posted 1/16/2013 11:51:21 PM
lolJarred.
#53FrankulaPosted 1/16/2013 11:52:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54Chykka_BlackPosted 1/16/2013 11:53:56 PM
Lots of catty people here. Loves it! BTW, i would love to have a trainer that is lgbt
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223
#55StupidMofozPosted 1/16/2013 11:56:55 PM
Chykka_Black posted...
Lots of catty people here. Loves it! BTW, i would love to have a trainer that is lgbt

but nothing is saying they aren't gay anyway...
#56Spartan_VicePosted 1/16/2013 11:58:05 PM
Chykka_Black posted...

but nothing is saying they aren't gay anyway...

Ambiguity is a lazy man's creativity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#57GlitterGunsPosted 1/17/2013 12:00:03 AM(edited)
Frankula posted...
However, what TC did do, was say "there aren't any gay main protagonsists", which implies he thinks there NEEDS to be gay main protagonists. Which why I feel he is forcing the whole gay thing on everyone.

Your point is offensive and intolerance. Next time there's a board full of heterosexual males swooning over scantily clad fanart of Elesa, Skyla, or Cynthia, or discussing their affection towards them, I'd love to see your reaction. Probably you'd say it is acceptable, because it is not "forcing the whole gay thing on everyone", right?
#58IrisVilePosted 1/17/2013 12:00:27 AM
Can't we all get along, and have a nice Round~

I for one wouldn't mind it, but you all must remember those bible beaters would flip all of their biblemobiles, if there was a gay character in pokemon.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#59StupidMofozPosted 1/17/2013 12:01:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#60FrankulaPosted 1/17/2013 12:02:21 AM
GlitterGuns posted...
Frankula posted...
However, what TC did do, was say "there aren't any gay main protagonsists", which implies he thinks there NEEDS to be gay main protagonists. Which why I feel he is forcing the whole gay thing on everyone.

Your point is offensive and intolerance. Next time there's a board full of heterosexual males swooning over scantily clad fanart of Elesa, Skyla, or Cynthia, or discussing their affection towards them, I'd love to see your reaction. Probably you'd say it is acceptable, because it is not "forcing the whole gay thing on everyone", right?

I specifically addressed this. People talking about how Elesa, or Gary Oak for that matter, are attractive is completely different, because you can "swoon" over these characters REGARDLESS of which gender you are. If the topic was "straight guys, come in here and talk about these hawt poke-gals i'd also have a problem with it!
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM