This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There aren't any gay main protagonists.

#61banjo kazooiePosted 1/17/2013 12:03:33 AM
People are arguing. Successful TC is successful.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#62scrappybristolPosted 1/17/2013 12:05:14 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
People are arguing. Successful TC is successful.

Gamefaqs is serious business.
---
Ring Ring
#63S1-Winged_AngelPosted 1/17/2013 12:05:36 AM
It's just a video game. Albeit one where romance and sexuality aren't relevant.
#64Twilight_SonataPosted 1/17/2013 12:06:30 AM
Frankula posted...
You don't need to make these topics either? There has been no "love interests" in pokemon at all, so to specifically call out that there hasn't been any "gay" main protagonists is just a way for you to flaunt that you are gay yourself.

Pretty sure you missed the part where this was a parody topic made in jest.

If you still don't get my point of view i'm done trying.

It didn't seem very much like you were trying to begin with, but if you say so.

IrisVile posted...
you all must remember those bible beaters would flip all of their biblemobiles, if there was a gay character in pokemon.

If we're pissing those people off, then we're clearly doing something right.

Frankula posted...
I specifically addressed this.

No, you tried to, but you failed to realize that, in those topics, there's no NEED to say that the topic is straight, because that's just the default assumption. Again, it's why when somebody says "bar", the default assumption is that they're talking about a straight bar.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#65willingmessPosted 1/17/2013 12:07:19 AM
Lexifox posted...
Frankula posted...
This board is full of teens who are just coming out, and thus obsessed with parading their sexuality. We get it. Seriously though, its annoying. Not because I don't share the same preferences as you, but because you act like its such a big deal. You are part of the problem, no?

How is it parading? And no one's acting like it's a big deal. People are part of the problem when they see anything like this as "parading". Are you going into the topics asking about dating in general and complaining people are parading their sexuality?

willingmess posted...
I don't WANT a social agenda in my games.....

real life is already so full of it that it's about to explode......

How is this a social agenda?

not YOU again... oh well though I know this will be impossible......

the fact that you want a game to make a statement on a specific subject wether it be by having gay characters or by having an environmental message is having an agenda to promote the thought that this image of the world is the correct one. When I belive that gayness is sinful (I don't hate the person just the sin) then the attempt at "normalization" of this intrudes upon my beliefs. you don't see me calling for christian characters, do you? I just merely don't want this in my games when it is EVERYWHERE. why can't I have a little respite from the hubris thrown around?
---
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised
#66FrankulaPosted 1/17/2013 12:08:54 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...

Frankula posted...
I specifically addressed this.

No, you tried to, but you failed to realize that, in those topics, there's no NEED to say that the topic is straight, because that's just the default assumption. Again, it's why when somebody says "bar", the default assumption is that they're talking about a straight bar.

Now you are being ignorant. So there can't be lesbians talking about poke gals? This is the entire issue I'm arguing. Your assumptions are only brought on by your own insecurities.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#67LexifoxPosted 1/17/2013 12:09:12 AM
willingmess posted...
the fact that you want a game to make a statement on a specific subject wether it be by having gay characters or by having an environmental message is having an agenda to promote the thought that this image of the world is the correct one.

If no one specifically says it's right or wrong, then no one is saying it's right or wrong. It is merely being allowed. Do you think that the games, through their actions, tell the player that collecting and training animals for combat is morally acceptable?

When I belive that gayness is sinful (I don't hate the person just the sin) then the attempt at "normalization" of this intrudes upon my beliefs. you don't see me calling for christian characters, do you?

Why do you believe that this is sinful?

I just merely don't want this in my games when it is EVERYWHERE. why can't I have a little respite from the hubris thrown around?

What hubris?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#68GlitterGunsPosted 1/17/2013 12:11:14 AM(edited)
Frankula posted...
I specifically addressed this. People talking about how Elesa, or Gary Oak for that matter, are attractive is completely different, because you can "swoon" over these characters REGARDLESS of which gender you are. If the topic was "straight guys, come in here and talk about these hawt poke-gals i'd also have a problem with it!

There are heterosexual couples within the Pokémon world. Why can there not be a homosexual couple? The answer is, there can be, if Game Freak is willing. And until then, there is certainly no reason why people can't keep asking, hoping, or anticipating. To my knowledge, that is all the OP was speculating about (although by using the game's protagonist as their selection).
#69LexifoxPosted 1/17/2013 12:11:06 AM
How quickly everyone forgets Hiker Andy.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#70Chykka_BlackPosted 1/17/2013 12:12:54 AM
If gayness is a sin then why do so many people enjoy Queen? Or How I Met Your Mother? Or Big Bang Theory(hate the show soo much)?
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223