This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are you going to play through Pokemon X and Y?

#115ky_4nth3mPosted 1/17/2013 7:07:16 AM
hmm, now that you mention it i'm kinda wondering myself.

i mean, usually the games take too long to be released in the rest of the world for me to be able to "endure the pain" of not checking everything i can about the new games.
but since x and y will be released worldwide at least in the same month, i might actually avoid spoilers this time around and do the first playthrough all by myself.
haven't done that since red and gold so it really sounds like a good plan.
#12RikusTwilightPosted 1/17/2013 7:54:46 AM
As there will be new Pokémon I'm going to B/W it and use a team solely of new pokemon, grabbing everything that I can and getting my staple types in (grass, fire, water, dark, psychic and electric) in whatever form they come in.

I will be catching everything that I see, which will be a nice refresh since in my play through of BW2 because I absolutely hammered Black 1 in terms of catching everything I really don't feel the need to do so again in 2.
#13PolimarioPosted 1/17/2013 7:59:23 AM
I'll probably go around, catching whatever catches my eye.

Definitely gonna catch a Dragon though.
---
When in doubt, Outrage out!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem-B and Genesect of all eternity.
#14FredCat07Posted 1/17/2013 8:04:15 AM
I don't care, I just go with whoever stronger. And if I felt out of shape, I would swap last five (except my starter) for other five random pokémon to training.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#15adismaltheftPosted 1/17/2013 8:06:31 AM
I always use stuff that I think looks cool and try to limit my team to not have more than one of the same type.
---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#16Missing NumberPosted 1/17/2013 8:14:40 AM
I always just try to fill the dex to the brim as early as possible, don't care bout raising anything other than those I think look cool, so chances are I will have 2 or 3, and the rest will be Pokemon I'm trying to evolve and ditch

I usually don't reserve a perma spot for anything but my starter til endgame though
---
If I ain't gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself! ~ Busta Rhymes
#17meiyukiPosted 1/17/2013 8:29:14 AM
My pattern for pokemon is to just use the ones I like that fit on the team through the elite 4, then when I'm in post game start working on catching everything and looking up info for a competitive team.