This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there a "Dragon" Type...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is there a "Dragon" Type...
2 years ago#1
Might as well have a Fox, Hound, Bird, Frog, etc. type.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
2 years ago#2
Probably because Gf said why not!
2 years ago#3
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51iSaXmhohL._SX500_.jpg
---
If only I could be so grossly incandescent...
2 years ago#4
Dragons are a rich and varied figure in mythology and folklore, from the vicious and hoarding dragon of European myth to the wise and slender dragons of the East. Dragons are in such great variety and mysterious powers that they are a fertile ground for Pokemon to be conceived from.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#5
I would have accepted Chimaera, Unicorn, Hypogrph, Trogdor...
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
2 years ago#6
Because foxes, hounds, and birds, etc. aren't as cool as dragons. They deserve to have their own type.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
2 years ago#7
There should be a Bug Type if there's a Dragon type.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
2 years ago#8
Its because the moves use dragon magic. Like dragon breath isn't just fire, its dragon fire. Dragon claw isn't just sharp claws ripping into you, its sharp claws that have been enhanced with dragon magic ripping into you.

So i made this all up, doesn't mean it can't be true >.>
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
2 years ago#9
Soanevalcke6 posted...
There should be a Bug Type if there's a Dragon type.

And a Ghost type
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
2 years ago#10
Lexifox posted...
Dragons are a rich and varied figure in mythology and folklore, from the vicious and hoarding dragon of European myth to the wise and slender dragons of the East. Dragons are in such great variety and mysterious powers that they are a fertile ground for Pokemon to be conceived from.

So what.
All the dragon pokemon can easily be listed as other types, normal/flying/fire/etc.
Look at Charizard he's a dragon yet he's listed as Fire/Flying.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is there a "Dragon" Type...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived