This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there a "Dragon" Type...

#31Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/17/2013 10:01:27 AM
Because Dragons have a vast mythology based to draw from. Same as Ghost, psychic[s], and more.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#32QueskerPosted 1/17/2013 10:16:26 AM
Here's my theory: Y'know how some games have a sort of divine/arcane element? The super-duper element? Well, I'd imagine that Dragon is Pokemon's answer to that.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#33pokemonfreak97Posted 1/17/2013 10:35:07 AM
Quesker posted...
Here's my theory: Y'know how some games have a sort of divine/arcane element? The super-duper element? Well, I'd imagine that Dragon is Pokemon's answer to that.

Dragon was the "original" one; it resisted all the starter types and was unresisted by existing types. Steel is the second one; it resisted a lot of types (including the previously-unresisted Dragon) and had ridiculous Defense stats on average.
---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?
#34CakeOfLiesPosted 1/17/2013 10:39:06 AM
plasmatic5 posted...
I would have accepted Chimaera, Unicorn, Hypogrph, Trogdor...

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!
TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!

You have just nicknamed my next Garchomp/Hydreigon/Salamence.
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#35pokemega32Posted 1/17/2013 10:39:56 AM
Lexifox posted...
Dragons are a rich and varied figure in mythology and folklore, from the vicious and hoarding dragon of European myth to the wise and slender dragons of the East. Dragons are in such great variety and mysterious powers that they are a fertile ground for Pokemon to be conceived from.

In comparison to dogs, of which there's like one or some s***.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#36deadpool848Posted 1/17/2013 10:45:31 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
plasmatic5 posted...

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!
TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!

Your suposed to Nickname Rayquaza TROGDOR!!!, cause it looks the most like TROGDOR!!!!
#37DarkstaPosted 1/17/2013 10:47:26 AM
Because when you saw dragonite for the first time back in the day you said "OMG a dragon!"
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#38LandscapeManX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:53:15 AM
Darksta posted...
Because when you saw dragonite for the first time back in the day you said "OMG a dragon!"

OMG it's a Dinosaur... of wait no, it's just Venusaur.
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#39kingjam1Posted 1/17/2013 11:10:25 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
plasmatic5 posted...

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!
TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!

I miss Strong Bad. I can't believe I never thought of Trogdor as a nickname.
---
Can't think of anything
#40XWolfOPosted 1/17/2013 11:17:58 AM
Why is there a "dark" type? It makes no sense. You're saying it's for negative emotions and evil? Well, psychic can cover that. There should be a light type too for positive emotions and justice.

Why are ground and rock split? They're both ground basically, why split them like that? It's stupid.

Why water and ice? Ice is just frozen water.

Why flying type but no wind? Flying isn't an element. Might as well have a walking, running, swimming and picking-your-nose types.

There is just one very simple answer to all that and your question. It's just a game. Who cares?
---
It's-a me!