This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New concept: converging evo

#21KogaSteelfangPosted 1/17/2013 11:49:16 AM
Shadow Flare13 posted...
It fits in with real life mechanics

No. No it doesn't. Convergent evolution results in FUNCTIONALLY similar parts/traits, but structure and anatomy will still be different. A bat's wings serve the same use as a bird's, but the wings themselves are vastly different from each other and from the wings of an insect.

At no point will two species evolve into the same species unless they are able to produce fertile offspring and in which case that's not really evolution and technically it's making a third entirely different species.

And it doesn't make sense for Pokemon either because you are just creating two lines to end up as the exact same Pokemon. It actually makes things worse because you have two unique lines and instead they end the same. It'd be like a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book where the ending is the exact same no matter what. It takes away from the experience, doesn't add to it.

I never said real life animals with convergent evolution become the same animals. read my second post up there.
Pretty much everything you just said, is exactly what I meant in my posts.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#22pokemega32Posted 1/17/2013 12:21:18 PM
This argument is terrible.

"This is likely to happen in Pokemon because it happens in real life."

I point out that the real life concept it nothing like that.

"This is more likely to happen in Pokemon because it's nothing like real life."

>_>

Pick an argument.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#23jneal57Posted 1/17/2013 12:30:25 PM
do you man like a+b=c?

or
pokemon a-a2-c
pokemon b-b2-c

like if pikachu AND eevee evolved into a psyduck
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240
#24shadyguyrockman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:53:45 PM
pokemega32 posted...
This argument is terrible.

"This is likely to happen in Pokemon because it happens in real life."

I point out that the real life concept it nothing like that.

"This is more likely to happen in Pokemon because it's nothing like real life."

>_>

Pick an argument.

The way I see it, it could be the Pokémon equivalent to real-life convergent evolution, just like many other things appear in a different form in Pokémon.
---
Platinum FC: 2063 1730 8794; HeartGold FC - 0560 9058 5184; Diamond FC - 3179 2247 2864; Black FC - 2279 2860 5022; White FC - 3138 5784 9025
#25pokemega32Posted 1/17/2013 1:03:04 PM
shadyguyrockman posted...
just like many other things appear in a different form in Pokémon.

Such as?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#26ryonosuke_sanPosted 1/17/2013 1:18:02 PM
Converging evo might be an interesting idea. If its for a specific set of new pokemon.

Consider a group of weak first form pokemon. Their stats are pretty abysmal, but they come in all sorts of flavors. Water type, fire type, psychic, dark, etc. And they learn moves of their type by leveling up, especially in the levels beyond their required evolution level. But when you do let it evolve, they turn into a single same Normal type pokemon, with excellent stats. It won't learn much moves by leveling up now, so its move list is dependent on what it was able to get in it's pre-evo form.

So when you come up to face with it's final form evolution, you won't have a clue of what it's going to throw at you. Add breeding to this pokemon, with the ability to inherit any of those type moves if you breed two of it's final forms, and you have a cool jack-of-all-trades after a bit of effort.

You can give it's final form evolution the Pokemon ability to temporarily change its type to the same type as the last move it used, to make it even more cool.
---
Try out my free Android RPG Strategy game App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rsakuma.maouwars
#27shadyguyrockman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:25:25 AM(edited)
pokemega32 posted...
shadyguyrockman posted...
just like many other things appear in a different form in Pokémon.

Such as?

Such as how Pokémon evolution works more like metamorphosis than Darwinian evolution
---
Platinum FC: 2063 1730 8794; HeartGold FC - 0560 9058 5184; Diamond FC - 3179 2247 2864; Black FC - 2279 2860 5022; White FC - 3138 5784 9025
#28shadyguyrockman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:27:22 AM
ryonosuke_san posted...
Converging evo might be an interesting idea. If its for a specific set of new pokemon.

Consider a group of weak first form pokemon. Their stats are pretty abysmal, but they come in all sorts of flavors. Water type, fire type, psychic, dark, etc. And they learn moves of their type by leveling up, especially in the levels beyond their required evolution level. But when you do let it evolve, they turn into a single same Normal type pokemon, with excellent stats. It won't learn much moves by leveling up now, so its move list is dependent on what it was able to get in it's pre-evo form.

So when you come up to face with it's final form evolution, you won't have a clue of what it's going to throw at you. Add breeding to this pokemon, with the ability to inherit any of those type moves if you breed two of it's final forms, and you have a cool jack-of-all-trades after a bit of effort.

You can give it's final form evolution the Pokemon ability to temporarily change its type to the same type as the last move it used, to make it even more cool.

Eevee, but exactly the opposite. I like it.
---