This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attacks that have hidden effects.

#1ViewtifulGravePosted 1/17/2013 4:05:04 PM
I've been out of the pokémon loop since gen 2 and I was wondering if there are any new attacks with hidden effects. You know like how sunny day powers fire attacks, but also cancels solar beams charge time. Then there is rain dance and how it makes thunder 100% accurate. I've been thinking about getting back in and I'm trying to get up-to-date on everything.
---
Tell you what man. You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year.~ TheDoorMouse
#2AmephEstMakoPosted 1/17/2013 4:07:36 PM
Hail causes Blizzard to hit 100% of the time.

Sandstorm makes Earthquake's accuracy 100%

Okay, not really but Sandstorm does buff rock type special defense by 50%
---
He died of cancer...which caused bullet wounds to appear on his body.
PFC: 4642 7734 4639
#3reaverzPosted 1/17/2013 4:12:31 PM
Minimize will cause Stomp and Steamroller's power to double when used against the minimized Pokemon.
Defense Curl will double the power of Rollout and Ice Ball used on the next turn.
The invulnerable state of Fly, Bounce, and Sky Drop will not work against Gust, Thunder, Whirlwind, Twister, Sky Uppercut, and Hurricane.
The invulnerable state of Dive will not work against Surf or Whirlpool.
Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, and Scald can be used while frozen and will thaw out the user.
Sky Drop cannot damage Pokemon who are of the Flying type or have Levitate as an ability.

There's probably quite a bit more where that came from, but I can't remember right now.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4GallantChaddymnPosted 1/17/2013 4:17:07 PM
Dig , Pokemon underground can still be hit with earthquake and magnitude
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#5WideAwakePosted 1/17/2013 4:24:26 PM
Throw in Thunder has 100 accuracy in rain.
Also I think skull bash raises your defense even though it doesn't say it
---
NN: WideAwake5
#6marioluigibrosPosted 1/17/2013 4:27:07 PM
GallantChaddymn posted...

I thought the Pokemon that got hit with earthquake and magnitude while it was underground would take double damage. And it would hit them even if they had levitate or flying type.
#7MaetchPosted 1/17/2013 4:32:04 PM
*As of Gen5, Self-Destruct and Explosion no longer halves the opponents Defense when used.
*Tri Attack can randomly Freeze, Burn, or Paralyze (Gen2 onward)
#8FredCat07Posted 1/17/2013 4:32:40 PM
GallantChaddymn posted...

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=083010
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#9ViewtifulGrave(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:20:25 PM
Wow thanks. This is some interesting stuff.
---
Tell you what man. You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year.~ TheDoorMouse
#10Shadow Flare13Posted 1/17/2013 6:24:17 PM
I thought the Pokemon that got hit with earthquake and magnitude while it was underground would take double damage. And it would hit them even if they had levitate or flying type.

The first part is true but not the latter. Flying and Levitating Pokemon still down get hit by either move even while Digging.