This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We talk about all the hoenn hints in Gen 5.

#1GiftedACIIIPosted 1/17/2013 4:11:04 PM
Now I'm not one of those people who is deeply saddened about no Gen 3 remake (I would've liked one though seeing as Gen 3 came during a memorable time for me) but lets talk about the many similarities and nudges that Gen 5 had in its direction.

*Biggest one: The shoal shells and items. Unusable in Unova and was used mainly in Hoenn

*No soul dew when it was in Gen 4.

*The addition of Hidden abilities for almost every Pokemon is like how Gen 3 was the gen that introduced abilities

*Elite 4 battle theme has a motif that came from the Hoenn Elite 4.

#2jimmyzeke13Posted 1/17/2013 4:11:35 PM
Reintroduction of the Dive HM
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
Official Eevee #1 of the Eevee corps and Official Golem of the Pokemon X board
#3MugilokoPosted 1/17/2013 4:12:40 PM
Politoed got Drizzle and Ninetales got Drought.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#4ElectricNovaPosted 1/17/2013 4:15:58 PM
Hoenn gym leaders had new sprites created from the ground up for World tournament
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#5reaverzPosted 1/17/2013 4:23:39 PM
For me, the biggest hint lied in the fact that Dive Balls were the only balls that had their description from Gen IV changed to read "Pokemon that live underwater" rather than "Pokemon that live in the sea." Almost as if in preparation for RS remakes where wild Pokemon would be found underwater again.

However, TC, the Soul Dew can in fact be found in Gen V, as it's found after catching Lati@s in BW2. Honestly, BW2 made RS remakes unlikely given that they made all Hoenn non-mascot or event legendaries available within the game. Such a move would have made no sense if RS remakes were coming. It's likely that GameFreak had RS remakes in mind when they first made BW, but the 3DS coming out so soon made it imperative that they focus on getting a 3DS main series game out in less than three years.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6MaetchPosted 1/17/2013 4:28:07 PM
reaverz posted...
For me, the biggest hint lied in the fact that Dive Balls were the only balls that had their description from Gen IV changed to read "Pokemon that live underwater" rather than "Pokemon that live in the sea." Almost as if in preparation for RS remakes where wild Pokemon would be found underwater again.

Though you never found any Pokemon underwater anyway.
#7FuneralCakePosted 1/17/2013 4:29:24 PM
ElectricNova posted...
Hoenn gym leaders had new sprites created from the ground up for World tournament

They had to, otherwise those sprites would look terrible, small, and out of place.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#8MugilokoPosted 1/17/2013 4:31:23 PM
Groudon and Kyogre event/DW dolls
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#9reaverzPosted 1/17/2013 4:34:45 PM
Maetch posted...
reaverz posted...

Though you never found any Pokemon underwater anyway.

That's precisely why the description change is so odd, because in Unova you couldn't find Pokemon underwater. The Dive Ball's new description would have made sense in RS remakes since you are able to find wild Pokemon underwater in Hoenn.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10GiftedACIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:39:53 PM
reaverz posted...

However, TC, the Soul Dew can in fact be found in Gen V, as it's found after catching Lati@s in BW2. Honestly, BW2 made RS remakes unlikely given that they made all Hoenn non-mascot or event legendaries available within the game. Such a move would have made no sense if RS remakes were coming. It's likely that GameFreak had RS remakes in mind when they first made BW, but the 3DS coming out so soon made it imperative that they focus on getting a 3DS main series game out in less than three years.

Oh haven't played BW2 yet, sounds awesome! But yeah the Dive Ball thing is very suspect. The Drought and Drizzle is noteworthy too