This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Pokemon games have a more religious theme?

#91Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:02:11 PM
As sacred as you guys make this board out to be, nobody wants religion in the games? How about gamefaqianity?
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#92CakeOfLiesPosted 1/26/2013 1:05:48 PM
I don't want religious themes in these games.
This is Pokemon, not Zelda.

But I agree with the guy who said a priest Gym Leader would work if done right.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a Lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
#93Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:01:35 AM
http://xkcd.com/1166/
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#94Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:55:20 PM
Bump for votes. Let's even this lopsided poll out.
---
#95BlackCatNYCPosted 1/31/2013 7:06:52 PM
Like Shintoism? Or Taoism? I could dig it if it fell into the storyline.
---
Nintendo 3DS: 0473-8573-6109
#96sonicqaz2Posted 1/31/2013 7:08:52 PM
Lexifox posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Support satanism!

You know, Satanism isn't literal devil worship. That's a common misconception.

Oh really?

How about you google 'define satanism'
---
XBOX GT: Lucky Duck 55
#97duranmanXPosted 1/31/2013 8:50:27 PM
sonicqaz2 posted...
Lexifox posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Support satanism!

You know, Satanism isn't literal devil worship. That's a common misconception.

Oh really?

How about you google 'define satanism'

Here, I'll do it for you

Satanism - The true and righteous belief of a great religion that was snubbed and made evil by the much worse Jews and later the Christians after they conquered lands in the name of their God and turned the pure and just Satan into an antagonist icon, demonizing him.
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#98MagikarpRulesPosted 1/31/2013 9:19:15 PM
Why the hell did I go through all the posts? It only confirmed my suspicions of people devolving into uncivilized arguments. And no, Pokemon doen't need any religion. The moment you bring any real religion, people with other beliefs (or lack thereof) would feel alienated. And you know how soccer moms and mass media would react to any and all religious overtones.
#99Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:34:43 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Why the hell did I go through all the posts? It only confirmed my suspicions of people devolving into uncivilized arguments. And no, Pokemon doen't need any religion. The moment you bring any real religion, people with other beliefs (or lack thereof) would feel alienated. And you know how soccer moms and mass media would react to any and all religious overtones.

Hehe, I didn't even go through all the posts.
---
#100GoldenFantasyPosted 2/1/2013 5:34:09 PM
No
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks