This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Protagonist is more badass: Red or Wes?

#81ZhacariasPosted 1/18/2013 11:01:04 PM
Who's Wes?
#82CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:01:06 PM
Geminia999 posted...
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Roanark posted...
SpacePirateKhan posted...
http://i50.tinypic.com/2zguj46.jpg

Dunno why this picture never comes up in Badass Red topics. It's one of my favorites for showing Red as a generic badass. >_>

Also, while not everyone is referring to the manga, I liked how the manga treated Red. He's way more awesome/effective than Ash.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/forum/159000/159250_1331144631308_full.jpg

If fan-art determines it I believe Wes wins by a land-slide... Far better design.

Well, I dunno about winning Badass title by a land-slide, but..
He certainly wins Most Feminine. :3

Have you seen any of the red fan art?

Ha.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#83CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:01:41 PM
Zhacarias posted...
Who's Wes?

The protagonist from Colosseum.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#84DarkDragon386Posted 1/19/2013 2:51:11 AM(edited)
Wes by a mile.

As others have said, he blew up a hideout that was run by an evil team that he was a member of, he had a chick following him the whole game, he rides a hoverbike in a desert, and stopped a sinister and competent evil team.

All Red has as his claims to fame are taking down the most incompetent team in Pokemon, beating his rival, whom he's beaten about ten times up to that point) for the championship, and standing alone for years on Mt. Silver. (And fanart that's "badass" but looks more cheesy than anything)
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#85DonniedonzPosted 1/19/2013 2:59:40 AM
Wes is the correct answer, objectively.
Red is a silent hero, while Wes is a freakin criminal who's renowned for stealing and being ruthless.
---
[Currently waiting for a sig worthy quote.]
#86DesulatedPosted 1/19/2013 3:51:33 AM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Wes by a mile.

As others have said, he blew up a hideout that was run by an evil team that he was a member of, he had a chick following him the whole game, he rides a hoverbike in a desert, and stopped a sinister and competent evil team.

All Red has as his claims to fame are taking down the most incompetent team in Pokemon, beating his rival, whom he's beaten about ten times up to that point) for the championship, and standing alone for years on Mt. Silver. (And fanart that's "badass" but looks more cheesy than anything)

Red's fanart is more of an exaggeration of various chemical substances at work than actual genuine artwork of the character himself-that is, if he even HAS a character to begin with.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#87Geminia999Posted 1/19/2013 9:55:21 AM
Also, why does everyone give Red red eyes? I mean, it's not in any of the official artwork, it's not a manga thing. So do people just think he is a vampire, or that his name is red because of his eyes?
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#88RTC3Posted 1/19/2013 10:50:27 AM
who the **** is wes

anyway good to see red dominating his ass
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
Heat. http://i.imgur.com/zC1gp.jpg Sit down, kid
#89The_Fury_WraithPosted 1/19/2013 11:44:07 AM
Red. All I liked about Colosseum was the challenging battles and could complain why the game makes no sense and how XD did everything Colosseum did wrong right, but I'll just focus on Wes now.

Wes was kind of a failure. Sure, he starts out as a badass with him being part of an evil team which he betrays, steals the snag machine and blows up the base but it's all downhill from there. After that he just randomly decides to be a good guy for absolutely no reason at all. He teams up with Misty 2: Electric Boogaloo to save the world of evil organizations using his snag machine because... why? That is kind of the complete opposite to the character we were introduced to in the opening scene. Why did Wes even betray his team and steal the Snag machine in the first place? To be Mr. Nice Guy all of a sudden? Sure is badass...

Tldr; Badass Wes turns into Softy Wes for no reason at all right after the opening scene ends.
---
''A murderer kills how many? A war kills how many? A hero kills how many?'' ~ Eggan from Little King's Story.