This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ash or Red?

#11roo10158Posted 1/18/2013 12:11:36 AM(edited)
EJW posted...
roo10158 posted...
EJW posted...
Nerwrax15 posted...
EJW posted...
Ash beat the Battle Frontier. That's better than any league.

They were just glorified Gym battles. Not to mention he lost multiple times.

They were much more than that.

no they weren't.

Yes they were.

How so, then?

Gym:
1. Ash battles a leader
2. Ash gets a badge

Frontier Facility:
1. Ash battles a Brain
2. Ash gets a symbol

The only difference is the naming. That's it.
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#12Genericgamer667Posted 1/18/2013 12:11:18 AM
Rash
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#13EJWPosted 1/18/2013 12:17:47 AM
roo10158 posted...
How so, then?

Gym:
1. Ash battles a leader
2. Ash gets a badge

Frontier Facility:
1. Ash battles a Brain
2. Ash gets a symbol

The Frontier Brains are equal to the Elite Four. Agatha was right there when Scott said it.
You name a Gym Leader with a legendary pokemon.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#14DesulatedPosted 1/18/2013 12:26:13 AM
Both are losers. Ash is self-explanatory, while Red (not the manga one) is a glorified Stu.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#15roo10158Posted 1/18/2013 12:27:57 AM(edited)
EJW posted...
roo10158 posted...
How so, then?

Gym:
1. Ash battles a leader
2. Ash gets a badge

Frontier Facility:
1. Ash battles a Brain
2. Ash gets a symbol

The Frontier Brains are equal to the Elite Four. Agatha was right there when Scott said it.

Ok, they're different, the Battle Frontier is a higher tier than the gyms. He winning that was a significant achievement, but it doesn't make up for losing 5 leagues (leagues are a higher tier than the gyms, making them equal to the Battle Frontier). Not to mention how he forgets how to properly capture a pokemon after said leagues
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#16EJWPosted 1/18/2013 12:34:38 AM(edited)
roo10158 posted...
EJW posted...
roo10158 posted...
How so, then?

Gym:
1. Ash battles a leader
2. Ash gets a badge

Frontier Facility:
1. Ash battles a Brain
2. Ash gets a symbol

Ok, they're different, the Battle Frontier is a higher tier than the gyms. He winning that was a significant achievement, but it doesn't make up for losing 5 leagues. Not to mention how he forgets how to properly capture a pokemon after said leagues

I don't like it either. But according to this, it's going to keep happening rather we like it or not.

http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

And that pokeball thing only happened once during the Unova League. He had to teach May and Dawn how to use a pokeball during those respective seasons.

---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#17bestssbbfanPosted 1/18/2013 12:34:47 AM
EJW posted...
roo10158 posted...
EJW posted...
roo10158 posted...
How so, then?

Gym:
1. Ash battles a leader
2. Ash gets a badge

Frontier Facility:
1. Ash battles a Brain
2. Ash gets a symbol

Ok, they're different, the Battle Frontier is a higher tier than the gyms. He winning that was a significant achievement, but it doesn't make up for losing 5 leagues. Not to mention how he forgets how to properly capture a pokemon after said leagues

I don't like it either. But according to this, it's going to keep happening rather we like it or not.

http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

Well there goes my last reason for watching the anime ever. Ima just pretend it ended at the orange league, the one he won.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#18CrownClown555Posted 1/18/2013 12:56:55 AM
I prefer Red but I don't hate Ash, I was even impressed at his progress and mad when he was put against a guy who had a team of legendary, it seem the writter knew he could have won that league. Now then how he lost the last league to a kid who didn't even know the proper rule was lame.
#19RoanarkPosted 1/18/2013 1:13:10 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Manga Red > Game Red > Ash

I honestly don't feel much for the silent champion that doesn't even have a good team.

fix'd

Ash is a horrible character... He is a total fool who can not win anything, has a super annoying voice, and his character actually gets worse each new generation because he's treated like a complete novice.
Ash's team is far worse than Red's in nearly every generation, and really we don't know Red's true team... Assuming he's supposed to be the master from the first gen. games he would have at least the original 150 pokemon.
The team we fight in G/S/HG/SS could just be him training his weaker pokemon, we don't actually know.
Plus... He's supposed to be able to be beaten.
#20Nerwrax15Posted 1/18/2013 1:17:17 AM
Roanark posted...
SlimeStack posted...
Manga Red > Game Red > Ash

I honestly don't feel much for the silent champion that doesn't even have a good team.

fix'd

Ash is a horrible character... He is a total fool who can not win anything, has a super annoying voice, and his character actually gets worse each new generation because he's treated like a complete novice.
Ash's team is far worse than Red's in nearly every generation, and really we don't know Red's true team... Assuming he's supposed to be the master from the first gen. games he would have at least the original 150 pokemon.
The team we fight in G/S/HG/SS could just be him training his weaker pokemon, we don't actually know.
Plus... He's supposed to be able to be beaten.

Do you really believe that? All his pokemon are the ones he gets from specials means. Everyone knows thats his main team.
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15