This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Digimon look so much cooler than Pokemon?

#71squdgyPosted 1/21/2013 2:18:37 AM
DW2189 posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Justin Bieber
Miley Cyrus
Rebecca Black
Gangnam Style
Soulja Boy
Nicki Minaj
Jersey Shore
Twilight

...Do I need to say more? Popularity doesn't equate to quality.

Quality is subjective. I don't like any of those things, but that doesn't make them bad.

I think you got it all backwards, you can like crappy music but that doesn't make it less crappy.

No, quality is NOT subjective. People don't go to music schools and conservatories to study and learn if what you said was right. You can't possibly say that quality is subjective. Composers study so they can make coherent and intricate compositions and pieces.

You just can't say that Justin Bieber is equal to Debussy or Brahms. Objectively speaking, Justin Bieber sucks. Lots of people like him? Yeah, and I respect that, you can like whatever you want. But just don't call it good music, because it isn't.

I hate people like you. Musical taste is different for everyone, and quality is a part of that. Yes, Justin Beiber is more simple than Debussy, and yes, Gangnam Style is less complex than Brahms, but that does not equate to quality as perceived by an individual.

There is no scale by which musical "quality" can be judged, and no music is objectively bad as long as someone likes it. I'm a musician, and have studied music theory, and elitists like you make us look like snobs.
---
Sexuality, like time, is a circle, and if you go too far straight, you find yourself right back at gay again.- Robert Brockway
#72Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:04:40 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Digimon designs are fairly simplistic at the Rookie and Champion levels.

They start getting complex at Ultimate, and Mega (the final level) is when they become "overdesigned".

Overdesigned? More like Too-awesome-for-you.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.