This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#1FlipManV3Posted 1/18/2013 7:35:52 AM
If feel like this generation should have a fresh start.

We've been able to carry Pokémon 10 years ago onto Black and White and I think we need a refresh much like how Gen III did it. Allowing transfer between the version only restricts the new games from doing anything further with new mechanics.
I also hate the fact that a grand number of Pokemon is hacked or RNG boosted in some way.

I'm probably in the minority in this one, but with drastic graphical changes, I think we're due for some new battle mechanics.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#2deadpool848Posted 1/18/2013 7:42:12 AM
How will we complete the National Dex then? I doubt they will put in every single pokemon and legendary to be obtainable in to this game, so if we cant transfer from other games, then we cant complete the national dex. Plus event legendaries will be needed and i doubt they will give us events for every legendary that had an event before. I'm fine with pokemon transfer to the new game as long as after you beat the game, dont really see any iddues with that.
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 1/18/2013 7:42:30 AM
You realise this is the reason some people hated Gen 3? No, I disagree.
---
I'm your imaginary friend, make me chips.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#4SlimeStackPosted 1/18/2013 7:43:35 AM
I want new mechanics and I want Gen VI to have every single non-event Pokémon obtainable somehow, even if it takes 5 or so games like in Gen IV. Transferring can stay if they can do it without compromising on those two things.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#5DragonitetamerPosted 1/18/2013 7:43:50 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...

I totally agree whit you here mate :)
#6ninjarauiPosted 1/18/2013 7:46:13 AM
I want them all in. Events included, screw events and waiting. I also want all 6 regions, but I know that won't happen. Just make a huge region, make 20 pokemon plus appear on routes and we will have a good time.
#7gamerazPosted 1/18/2013 7:50:59 AM
I'm with you, but only because I KNOW I will "cheat" and send perfect EV/IV pokemon and make up my own "perfect" team right there on the start, taking away whatever "challenge" this game may throw at me.

Done this in my second run of Black and first run of Black 2.
---
3DS FC : 0817 3837 1548
PM so I can add you too!
#8SilentdazePosted 1/18/2013 7:51:27 AM
As someone who played back in the day Gen I, stopped, only to return to Gen V completely overwhelmed, I would love a fresh start. Completing the pokedex for me legitimately is pretty much impossible. The forums here have been incredibly helpful, but I feel I will never truly complete the game the way I want, and its discouraging.

Of course, this would completely enrage the fans who have stuck with the series forever, and rightfully so, so I doubt gamefreaks would do this
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)
#9FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:55:15 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...

So you'd rather be playing Pokémon right now with no abilities and crap EV anf powering structure?

That game was a swivel point on why Pokémon is what it is right now.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#10patkelly929Posted 1/18/2013 7:55:26 AM
I worked hard for my level 100 Groudon who has been with me since Emerald. I'd like to be able to use him in the post game of Gen VI.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever