This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#11MilenninPosted 1/18/2013 8:58:13 AM
I wouldn't mind it.

It would kind of suck of course, because I like bringing over my old Pokémon. But it would also be interesting to have a completely fresh start in the franchise.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#12FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:13:37 AM
patkelly929 posted...
I worked hard for my level 100 Groudon who has been with me since Emerald. I'd like to be able to use him in the post game of Gen VI.

Oh wow, a level 100 Legendary, that must've been hard. >_>

I want a fresh start, this is coming from someone who has never abused the RNG, have 6 legitimate Dittos for breeding, and have always caught and bred my team myself(including restarting my Diamond just to get Leech Seed on Ferroseed).
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#13hellslingerPosted 1/18/2013 9:17:14 AM
Yeah not happening.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULCRM.jpg
#14AlI_About_The_UPosted 1/18/2013 9:22:03 AM
I do not care either way.
---
siggy
#15SilentdazePosted 1/18/2013 9:22:28 AM
I'd like to flip the question a bit - lets say that Gamefreaks announces previous gens won't be transferable - who here would be so angered that they wouldn't buy x/y?
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)
#16SlimeStackPosted 1/18/2013 9:25:43 AM
Silentdaze posted...
I'd like to flip the question a bit - lets say that Gamefreaks announces previous gens won't be transferable - who here would be so angered that they wouldn't buy x/y?

I'd be happy because it would mean they would have to ensure Gen VI has every single Pokémon obtainable somehow.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#17KingTumbleweedPosted 1/18/2013 9:35:49 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
You realise this is the reason some people hated Gen 3? No, I disagree.

So you'd rather be playing Pokémon right now with no abilities and crap EV anf powering structure?

That game was a swivel point on why Pokémon is what it is right now.
-

Don't change the subject. I didn't even mention abilities or EVs.
People had their favourites on Gen 1/2 then Gen 3 didn't allow them to carry over. My favourite gen remains at gen 3 but the change was annoying. It's a stupid argument saying "So many RNGers/Hackers."

I'm not seeing any benefit to this happening, there are only downsides.
---
I'm your imaginary friend, make me chips.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#18warnerbromanPosted 1/18/2013 9:42:31 AM
patkelly929 posted...
I worked hard for my level 100 Groudon who has been with me since Emerald. I'd like to be able to use him in the post game of Gen VI.

Oh wow, a level 100 Legendary, that must've been hard. >_>
-

Try training Regigias or articuno
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#19ThatGuyZPosted 1/18/2013 9:43:20 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Silentdaze posted...

I'd be happy because it would mean they would have to ensure Gen VI has every single Pokémon obtainable somehow.

And let's say that this doesn't happen. Then the next DW system will be the only way you can get older Mons and Event ones, since we know darn well that every single thing or the majority will not be in this game
Realistically, that would **** off a lot older fans (myself included) to know that we're getting the Gen III treatment again and even then, it just wouldn't work well.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#20ThatGuyZPosted 1/18/2013 9:44:52 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
FlipManV3 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
You realise this is the reason some people hated Gen 3? No, I disagree.

So you'd rather be playing Pokémon right now with no abilities and crap EV anf powering structure?

That game was a swivel point on why Pokémon is what it is right now.
-

Don't change the subject. I didn't even mention abilities or EVs.
People had their favourites on Gen 1/2 then Gen 3 didn't allow them to carry over. My favourite gen remains at gen 3 but the change was annoying. It's a stupid argument saying "So many RNGers/Hackers."

I'm not seeing any benefit to this happening, there are only downsides.

This. No question.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41