This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here DO NOT want Pokemon to be transferrable?

#101Ness0123456789Posted 1/18/2013 2:19:20 PM
Yeah...

I can honestly say I won't buy Pokemon X/Y if I can't transfer my current team over to the new game. I've raised my Ampharos since Heart Gold to 100 since I wasn't able to transfer my original from Gold. I have several event legendaries that I know won't be coming around again any time soon, and the idea of not transferring is basically a kick to the fan's crotch, saying all the work they've put in from the past tree generations were for naught.

It's a stupid idea, and it should not happen. That's like saying every time a new Expansion comes out for WoW or any other MMO, the entire game should be stripped and every reset to level 1. There's always going to be balance issues when a new game comes out in the Pokemon Series, and that's all there is to it. If Nintendo really wanted to, they could simply limit the transferred Pokemon to only being useable in the Single Player campaign, and not allow any Pokemon that were transferred from older generations to participate in online battles.

But the truth is, outside of sanctioned tounrmaents, random Online Battles in Pokemon are about as important as online matches in any Call of Duty, Halo, or any other First Person Shooter. There's no ladder, there's no ranking system, and there's no real point to being so meticulous when ti comes to balancing the game for online multi-player until there is one.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#102Offworlder1Posted 1/18/2013 2:24:07 PM
Gamefreak can make changes, upgrades and rehauls to the mechanics without taking away the ability to transfer your pokemon.

Look at the stat splits they did along with the other additions or changes throughout the generations yet all except gen 3 had transfer available because they made code changes when old pokemon came into the new games.

Sorry but pokemon must have a transfer system now unless they want to have a bigger mess then gen 3 as people now have 10 year old pokemon they keep with them and teams that are very old but still used.

I came back with Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen and have pokemon in Pokemon Black2/White2 from that old gen because they are favorites and help catch new legends. In the gen 3 mess it was only maybe 4 or 5 years for the U.S. if you started day one with Pokemon Red/Blue that people got all pissed cause they couldn't have their pokemon on gen 3.

This time instead of 4 or 5 years its 10 years some could be throwing away on a refresh and if people were pissed and angry on less then a decade they will be furious this time to the point they may BOYCOTT pokemon X/Y for forcing them to abandon 10 years of progress. There were a lot of old school fans who ditched pokemon gen 3 but this time you will have millions who will leave should they repeat a mistake that most people hated the first time.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#103ClarkyMalarkyPosted 1/18/2013 2:51:00 PM
Do you honestly think fans will boycott the next Pokemon game?

Even the thought is laughable.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#104AzurinaiPosted 1/18/2013 3:24:02 PM(edited)
"The transfer system isn't perfected yet, your pokemon may lose moves it has learned and its genetic code may be altered, but the pokemon species itself should still make the transfer, are you sure you wish to bring them across?"

Made up dialogue there, but what it refers to is that if you transfer the pokemon, if some moves no longer exist or now unlearnable by some pokemon, the moves will be removed and if they did away with IV or something like that, it would be recoded for whatever new change they had in place, would you guys be cool with that? You still keep your pokemon but some of your effort in raising it may have gone to waste.

I think that's how they should habdle the transfer system so you can have the pokemon but whatever changes they make, would be applied on the transfer.

It would also be a good way for those hacked pokemon to be not be jacked when they make it to gen VI, as in, no perfect IV's or whatever.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#105bretonftwPosted 1/18/2013 2:55:57 PM
warnerbroman posted...

Try training Regigias or articuno

Articuno can 2-shot anything the game throws at you (single player of course).

Not even joking, guaranteed 2-shot kill.
---
FROAKIE!
#106Offworlder1Posted 1/18/2013 2:56:20 PM
The fans will boycott Pokemon X/Y should it remove transfer as gen 3 did, back then it was only 4 or 5 year of data but now its 10 years worth of time, data, and hard work which people will not be ok with being thrown away.

People left pokemon during the beginning of gen 3 cause they could not bring over their old pokemon from gen 1 and 2, if they were angry then people will not accept it now because they have spent so much time, and money on the past 10 years.

I seriously think you underestimate how many fans would say "no" to Pokemon X/Y if gamefreak repeated the mistake of gen 3 since pokemon has only grown in popularity and fans since then.
---
#107ZeroArcheryPosted 1/18/2013 3:08:04 PM
BKXD posted...
Heeeell no. I don't want my progress from Sapphire to Black2 to be all just a wasted effort. I seriously feel bad for people who actually want this to happen.

Ten years isn't enough time to start anew?

It's like all the people complaining that Pokemon X and Y won't be on the DS- an 8 year old system.

Why are people going to whine about the IV system, then when there's a chance to get rid of them, they'll complain about that now.

Good gosh.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#108duhhhhhhhhhhh11Posted 1/18/2013 3:19:32 PM
I don't understand this topic, what new mechanics would transferring prevent? If they added something new, like an ability or stat they would just give all the old Pokemon a random one, the same as catching a new Pokemon. They have been at this now for over a decade, if they don't know how to format old Pokemon to fit with the new mechanics then they are a joke of a company.

I would most likely not buy this generations game if they don't allow transferring. I've been playing this game my whole life, I have a pretty large collection of 100's that I've had with me since ruby, and I'm actually still ticked that I don't have my feraligatr from gold who was my favorite Pokemon. I actually didn't get the ruby version until 2 years after it came out because I couldn't transfer my pokes; I only got it after my kid brother started getting into Pokemon so that I could play with him. Yea i could just get a new feraligatr, but that's not the same-and I hope this is a sentiment that game freak understands.

If you personally want a new start, just restart the game, no one is stopping you. do nuzlocke or something i dunno.
#109Offworlder1Posted 1/18/2013 3:32:18 PM
duhhhhhhhhhhh11 I can understand you wanting your old Feraligatr but atleast after gen 1's remake you could get another one and keep it long term. I ditched pokemon for a while as well but when I really got into Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen I rebuilt my team and have brought them over to each and every new game or gen via eggs so I keep my winning team and add to it with new pokemon.

I was pissed as hell when I learned my #1 team in Pokemon Yellow could not be taken past Pokemon Crystal but once I got into FR/LG seriously I rebuilt and improved on them big time.

I love pokemon again and still have my FR/LG team because of the transfer options, no one will take my Mew, and Celebi away from me again after all the time it took to train them let alone the fact they are very rare event pokemon.
---
#110zombiabsolPosted 1/18/2013 3:32:54 PM
why are people telling tc to do his own fresh run.
yes he wont have to transfer, but what about people who didnt have firered leafgreen emerald ruby and sapphire? how can they complete the national pokedex if they never had a gameboy or for whatever reason dont have the money for it?

thats me, only have platinum, white, and black2. i cant complete the national pokedex if i wanted to, without spending unnecessary money.

a fresh start would let EVERYBODY have the chance to complete a national pokedex.

im not for or against the idea, but i wouldnt care either way. i just hope if we can transfer we can send more than 6 at a time
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6